I'm in pain

Professur

Gato_Solo said:
Regular table pepper (black or white) is stronger than that soup prof was eating. I eat that all the time, but I have to add crushed red peppers to it to get the spice factor up to a reasonable level...
I've got two words for you, and the second one's "off".

For what it's worth, I'm not big on using either black or white pepper either. From time to time, I'll sprinkle a little ground white on a grilled cheese and onion, but that's about it. I've never seen a good reason to destroy my tastebuds with spice, so they're still sensitive. Unlike some ...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Professur said:
I've got two words for you, and the second one's "off".

For what it's worth, I'm not big on using either black or white pepper either. From time to time, I'll sprinkle a little ground white on a grilled cheese and onion, but that's about it. I've never seen a good reason to destroy my tastebuds with spice, so they're still sensitive. Unlike some ...

RAMYUN-CUP-NONG-SABALMYUNKIMCHI-2.gif

:rofl4:

HeXp£Øi±

Gato_Solo said:
Regular table pepper (black or white) is stronger than that soup prof was eating. I eat that all the time, but I have to add crushed red peppers to it to get the spice factor up to a reasonable level...

I'm not familiar with the exact soup he had. I assumed it was some hot Chinese. I go for the hottest of the hot. It's not good enough unless it makes you sweat. Don't know the brand i eat because it's all in Chinese. Pretty sure there are some real bugs in the little packets though. :devious:
I also polish off about one medium sized bottle of Tabasco per month.

abooja

The spiciest food I ever had was at a Thai restaurant in Greenwich Village a few years ago. They had a heat rating system -- 1 through 10, 10 being the hottest. My friend, who I'm convinced had inferior tastebuds because his sense of smell was so bad, insisted on getting a whole fish, rated 6. One bite set my mouth, lips and throat on fire for the next couple of hours. Everything I ate after that burned my mouth, including water. Of course, milk wasn't an option, and they generally don't keep blocks of cheese or vats of sour cream on hand in most Thai restaurants. Never again.

I should mention that my tolerance for heat is quite high, perhaps higher than it was then. I don't go around swallowing whole habaneros, like my ex-boyfriend used to, but I use Tabasco like water, put hot pepper flakes in most any Italian dish I prepare involving garlic, and make a spicy beef vegetable soup that could unclog a drain. ;)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
abooja said:
The spiciest food I ever had was at a Thai restaurant in Greenwich Village a few years ago. They had a heat rating system -- 1 through 10, 10 being the hottest. My friend, who I'm convinced had inferior tastebuds because his sense of smell was so bad, insisted on getting a whole fish, rated 6. One bite set my mouth, lips and throat on fire for the next couple of hours. Everything I ate after that burned my mouth, including water. Of course, milk wasn't an option, and they generally don't keep blocks of cheese or vats of sour cream on hand in most Thai restaurants. Never again.

That's because the Thai use fresh red peppers...like the kind I have growing on a small bush outside the store. The hottest food I first had was egg rolls with Chinese hot mustard...the kind with Horse Radish ground in. :eek: That stuff cleared my sinuses, and watered my eyes for a good 15 minutes. Since then, I've become a chilihead. Nothing seems to be hot enough. Oh, the shame of it all...:mope:

abooja

Professur said:
*note to self: politely forget to invite Abooja to supper*
If you and Nixy ever come over for supper, I'll remember to keep the heat level at "Pussy". :alienlol:

tonksy

abooja said:
If you and Nixy ever come over for supper, I'll remember to keep the heat level at "Pussy". :alienlol:
ain't that the truth...canadians! i about killed paul with those jalapeno's and they were the ripe red ones!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
abooja said:

Where did I express a distaste for hot??

My tolerance isn't as high as some but I do like some kick