where´s everybody?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Thief:one that steals especially stealthily or secretly; also : one who commits theft or larceny

Theft:1 a : the act of stealing; specifically : the felonious taking and removing of personal property with intent to deprive the rightful owner of it b : an unlawful taking (as by embezzlement or burglary) of property

Piracy:1 : an act of robbery on the high seas; also : an act resembling such robbery
2 : robbery on the high seas
3 : the unauthorized use of another's production, invention, or conception especially in infringement of a copyrig

hmmmmmmmmm

JJR512

Originally posted by Justintime
Luis, i got to the theatre almost every weekend, and watch latest films etc.. soon as they're released, but as any english person knows we always gotta wait abit and sometimes i so wanna see a movie so bad i download it, so call me thief how much you want Justin, i don't care, do you think i give a flying fuck about your opinion of me?
Do you really think I give a flying fuck about you giving a flying fuck about me? I already said I didn't!

Thats just it, the VAST majority of people will STILL go and see it, you're the kind of person that must kiss the music ass. of America's ass.
I am done, all you seem to bring with you is arguments every where you go, even in your own site, laterz.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I have met many nice people from your country, more than you can imagine, and only a few truly assholes (you know....the gringos).

The fish dies because of its own mouth....

You know, there are 2 types of assholes:
1.- The one that is an asshole and isn't aware of it, and he feels love by all people (...).
2.- The one that already knows he's an asshole, and doesn't give a damn, and even worse, he doesn't even try to stop being it....(an asshole that likes being an asshole, or he feels that is right to be an asshole)

G

That is what I love about this board. If someone has something to say, they can say it. That's what I like.

JJR512

Oh, thank you, Gonzo! I didn't realize that all this animosity could have been avoided if I had called them pirates instead of a thieves! My bad :eek: Justintime and Luis G., can you ever forgive me? I'm so sorry! :eek: :eek:

G

I'm enjoying it very much. :headbang:

Yes, JJR if you had called them a pirate they would of thanked you instead. :p

Luis G

Staff member
Current downloading status:

part 2of2: 101MB/172MB
completely different part 1of2: 2MB/136MB
same completely different part 2of2: 11.6MB/107MB
yet another completely different from the above part 1of2: 35MB/85MB

:eek:

Luis G

Staff member
Originally posted by JJR512
Oh, thank you, Gonzo! I didn't realize that all this animosity could have been avoided if I had called them pirates instead of a thieves! My bad :eek: Justintime and Luis G., can you ever forgive me? I'm so sorry! :eek: :eek:

All right, i forgive you....:D :D

Does anybody know if i'm calling him with the wrong word?, if so, please let me know, so i can say it properly....

JJR512

What, exactly, are you trying to call me? You called me a gringo, and unless I missed it you didn't actually call me an asshole but I said it before you could. A gringo is defined as a foreigner to Spain or Latin America, especially an Englishman or American, and is often meant disparagingly. But that's the book definition, and there's probably something a little different that it means in common usage. By the book definition, yes, of course I'm a gringo. I'm not actually an asshole, though, in real life. But that was the only other choice besides thief, and as I said, I would rather be an asshole than a thief. Although I actually am a pretty nice guy in real life, I admit that I can be an asshole sometimes, and I think that's true of most people. Were either of those the word you were wondering if it was the right word, or was there another that I missed or that you were thinking of?

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
I watched some show lastnight that said there are 2 versions of the movie. 1 is digital and the other is regular film. I feel sorry for all the people that dont have a digital theater in their town. There are only 19 in the whole country. they dont get to see it as lucas envisioned it.
The cool thing about the digital is that it is encrypted until they actually play it. so the only real thing these downloads are are maybe medium quality video cameras someone snuck into the theater. unlike EP1 where someone actually stole the canister and ripped it.
Fortunately for me ft.wayne has a digital theater so you bet thats where ill be seeing this movie.
I'd stil like to get a copy of it off the net. :D
Im actually thinking of converting the first 3 movies to vcd so i can have them.
Im sick of having to rebuy them all the time. I got 2 sets of VHS because of the little changes they made and now im sure the dvd when it comes out will have some type of "enhancement" that i'll have to pay extra for.
How much money do we really need to pay lucas for these movies? hell it cost a small fortune just to catch it at the theater, let alone the sets of VHS and then the dvd. OH well enough of the rant the countdown is on....
4 days and counting") :) :)

MuFu

I have a real big grudge at the moment....

PEOPLE THAT CAN'T MAKE DECENT QUALITY PIRATED FILMS!!!!

Jeeeeez... drives me nuts! When you think of the revenue, not to mention RESPECT they can rake in on the black market you might think that they'd at least invest in some decent equipment. Man, the best that these manky little cinemas that get the tapes early can do is to produce some crapped up jittery tosh with shite sound. That is just unacceptable! :mad:

If it was me... nice pro-quality digital camera for starters, on a fluid-dampened tripod . Then into Adobe Premiere (an illegal copy, of course) for some jitter-correction and sharpening. Perhaps tweak the brightness/contrast/uniformity slightly too. Audio DI'd straight into a PC and multiplexed later using a nice high-bitrate mp3 setting. Then DivX the whole lot up and pimp it through as many channels as possible in one 700MB file.

Infuriating some of the low-quality shite we have to put up with! It's ok to have a guilt-free conscience, but you really need to make full use of it and not do some half-assed, utterly-spacktardious job. :mad2:

;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D

MuFu.

Luis G

Staff member
Gringo only refers to people from the USA. It doesn't include british, canadians, australians or any other people that speaks english as their primary language.

The word comes from the war between Mexico and USA (the California and Texas one), i think that there was a green militar uniform, "green go"....

Luis G

Staff member
MuFu, i could not have said it better ..

If they're going to sell pirated copies from movies that are already available on DVD they should at least rip them to VCD to get a decent quality.

As for the scrs, it's a bit tricky.....but you're qualified to do the job, please.....get me a quality ep2 copy :D :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Originally posted by Luis G
IYou know, there are 2 types of assholes:
1.- The one that is an asshole and isn't aware of it, and he feels love by all people (...).
2.- The one that already knows he's an asshole, and doesn't give a damn, and even worse, he doesn't even try to stop being it....(an asshole that likes being an asshole, or he feels that is right to be an asshole)

*raises hand* I'm 1 AND 2... :headbang: