Google Maps Street View

chcr

Too cute for words
KO, you guys have shamed me into posting more pics.

Work (I'm in the row of second floor windows in the middle).
work.JPG

W. Main apporaching the town square:
wmain.JPG

Maple Street Grill, NW corner of the square, excellent dinner and a beer place. Occasional gigs.
mapst.JPG

Bluesboro, my ex-blues club. Now under new management with a new format (no smoking anymore, Gato). I have to drive to Nashville to jam the blues now. Oh yeah, more or less opposite Maple Street on the NE corner of the square.
bluesboro.JPG

pc_builder

I found my house, with my Bronco and Caravan in the driveway. :D Fairly recent photo I guess, since I've only owned my Bronco for about two years now.

Myhouse.jpg

I'm off to play some board games with some friends. I'll post a few pics of my (somewhat) lovely city later tonight.

Inkara1

Hey, Chic, the pics for work and West Main don't show up. =/

I almost forgot to post these two. They're shots from Tank Farm Road in San Luis Obispo. The story, and how the road got its name: There used to be a large oil tank farm here, where oil from the Central Valley (Taft, Coalinga) was stored before it was sent by rail car to Port San Luis (that area is today known as Avila Beach). In the 1920s, a really big storm came through with insane amounts of rain and lightning. Lightning struck one of the tanks and set it on fire, causing a chain reaction. There were 6 million gallons of oil stored there and it all burned over the course of five days. Link. That area is really contaminated now and I doubt anything will ever be built on most of it.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A blues club that doesn't allow smoking? Next thing ya know, they'll outllaw wimmins & booze.

MrBishop

I found my house, with my Bronco and Caravan in the driveway. :D Fairly recent photo I guess, since I've only owned my Bronco for about two years now.

Myhouse.jpg

I'm off to play some board games with some friends. I'll post a few pics of my (somewhat) lovely city later tonight.
I have that 'same' magnetic sticker on my mini-van - though for Canadian troops, tho' :D

JTP

Hold on, y'all!
Doesn't it freak anybody out just a bit that we are all on candid camera?
The Gov can read your license plate # from a satellite in orbit?
Electric eye in the sky, with infrared.
Guess it's too late to do anything about it now. All those sci-fi novels we read back then are 21st century reality now. Kind of gives me the shivers.

catocom

I haven't had any trouble yet here...
"don't start none, won't be none":eek6:

We've known for some time now that they can read the date on a dime in time square, from sat....so they claimed.

JTP

Got nothing to hide, either, just kind of burns my breeches that they spend our money and they burn all that power to spy on...US!

chcr

Too cute for words
Hold on, y'all!
Doesn't it freak anybody out just a bit that we are all on candid camera?
The Gov can read your license plate # from a satellite in orbit?
Electric eye in the sky, with infrared.
Guess it's too late to do anything about it now. All those sci-fi novels we read back then are 21st century reality now. Kind of gives me the shivers.

Sure, it bothers me. Just not enough to overthrow the government. Yet.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Electric eye in the sky, with infrared

Up here in space
Im looking down on you
My lasers trace
Everything you do

You think youve private lives
Think nothing of the kind
There is no true escape
Im watching all the time