Whatever happened to...

BB

She is a Catholic who attends a Catholic Church, which has the rule that women are supposed to wear veils. Laura Bush is a Methodist, and Condoleeza Rice is a Presbyterian. To my knowledge, none of their churches require women to wear veils.

My point, if you still cannot see it, is that Pelosi respects/observes foreign faiths while not respecting her own.

sorry, but that there wood seems strangely obscured by all dem trees ...

Care to put a mirror up to reality when it comes to International ettiquette? - right or wrong - valid or not be her role -

that's a non argument (at least as currently put in context) - though i see the idea behind the point is worthy of debate.

spike

She is for abortion and she professes to be Catholic! It is categorically impossible be Catholic and support abortion - therein lies the hypocrisy. Her voting record proves she supports abortion.

Actually I bet most catholics don't agree with the official church view on everything 100%. Especially the more ridiculous things. So it's not only very possible it happens quite a lot->

http://www.catholicsforchoice.org/

No, the vast majority of Catholic Churches do not enforce the requirement (which is a problem in itself).

Good, it's pretty silly. I bet the vast majority don't even encourage it.

I said, "It is like". I never claimed she said those words. I would have been assuming, not being facetious.

Both. As you are "concerned with something nonessential".

The only assumption I am making is that she does not wear a veil in a Catholic Church. As to why she does not, I can only speculate. My assumption, however, is not unfounded since she does not follow her faith in a more serious manner anyways

if Pelosi thinks it is wrong and demeaning for women to wear a veil in a Catholic Church

Why even speculate this? You have no idea. Seems far more likely that her church simply has no such requirement and that there's a pretty good chance none of the other women that attend her church were a veil.

She also receives the Eucharist when she is not suppose to either (you cannot receive it under mortal sin, which is a grave matter).

Grave matter to you maybe. What's her mortal sin now?

She is a Catholic who attends a Catholic Church, which has the rule that women are supposed to wear veils. Laura Bush is a Methodist, and Condoleeza Rice is a Presbyterian. To my knowledge, none of their churches require women to wear veils.

I bet Pelosi's church does not require it either and most or all of the women that attend her church do not where veils.

My point, if you still cannot see it, is that Pelosi respects/observes foreign faiths while not respecting her own.

Or she respects her own faith far more than foreign faiths yet disagree with you on a couple points.

Professur

I see the bullshit squad hasn't hired any slackers while I've been away.

You're a bunch of losers. You know that, don't you?

Gotholic

She is for abortion and she professes to be Catholic! It is categorically impossible be Catholic and support abortion - therein lies the hypocrisy. Her voting record proves she supports abortion.
Actually I bet most catholics don't agree with the official church view on everything 100%. Especially the more No, the vast majority of Catholic Churches do not enforce the requirement (which is a problem in itself).ridiculous things. So it's not only very possible it happens quite a lot->

http://www.catholicsforchoice.org/

Catholics are free to decide on many things themselves, however, abortion is not one of them. It strictly goes against the Fifth Commandment, which prohibits murder, and abortion is a subset of murder.

In regards to that "Catholic" site, those who run that site are not Catholic, but wolves in sheep clothing. This reminds me of a quote attributed to Abraham Lincoln, "How many tails does a dog have if you call a tail a leg? Four, because calling a tail a leg does not make it one".

Some facts about CFFC:

• It is reliant on funding from the Ford Foundation, Playboy Foundation and other organisations who oppose the Catholic Church’s teachings on sexuality

• Its president, Frances Kissling, long ago excommunicated herself from the Catholic Church for illegally operating abortion clinics overseas

• One of Kissling’s longtime associates, Marjorie Reiley Maguire, has testified that none of those active in CFFC attend Mass

• Kissling has expressly stated (in a Mother Jones interview) that her goal is to "overthrow" the Catholic Church

• Catholic bishops have twice condemned the group for falsely describing itself as Catholic

Source

No, the vast majority of Catholic Churches do not enforce the requirement (which is a problem in itself).
Good, it's pretty silly. I bet the vast majority don't even encourage it.

I wonder if you think the Hindu women who wear a dot on their forehead are being pretty silly? I know that those who wear them do not share that same sentiment with you, and neither do those Catholic women who still wear veils in Church. You criticize that which you do not understand.

Oh, and the reason why the veil requirement is not enforced is because many believe it is no longer a requirement (just like it is believed the not eating meat on every Friday is no longer required), which is an issue the Vatican needs to address.

I said, "It is like". I never claimed she said those words. I would have been assuming, not being facetious.
Both. As you are "concerned with something nonessential".

No, I'm quite serious regardless if you think it is nonessential.

if Pelosi thinks it is wrong and demeaning for women to wear a veil in a Catholic Church

Why even speculate this? You have no idea. Seems far more likely that her church simply has no such requirement and that there's a pretty good chance none of the other women that attend her church were a veil.

Her Church has that requirement since it is Catholic, but just probably does not enforce it. But I'm not criticizing her strictly for that one issue (most woman do not follow that requirement mainly due to innocent ignorance). She does support abortion, which is inherently anti-Catholic.

She also receives the Eucharist when she is not suppose to either (you cannot receive it under mortal sin, which is a grave matter).
Grave matter to you maybe. What's her mortal sin now?

It is a grave matter to the Church...

Catechism of the Catholic Church

2271 Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law:

You shall not kill the embryo by abortion and shall not cause the newborn to perish.

God, the Lord of life, has entrusted to men the noble mission of safeguarding life, and men must carry it out in a manner worthy of themselves. Life must be protected with the utmost care from the moment of conception: abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes.​

1395 By the same charity that it enkindles in us, the Eucharist preserves us from future mortal sins. The more we share the life of Christ and progress in his friendship, the more difficult it is to break away from him by mortal sin. The Eucharist is not ordered to the forgiveness of mortal sins - that is proper to the sacrament of Reconciliation. The Eucharist is properly the sacrament of those who are in full communion with the Church.

I bet Pelosi's church does not require it either and most or all of the women that attend her church do not where veils.

For the last time, her Church has that requirement, but does not enforce it (due to confusion).

Pelosi is a Catholic in a position of authority, and she professes to be a "conservative Catholic". Yet, she is setting a bad example by her actions. Bishops have already condemned her.

Or she respects her own faith far more than foreign faiths yet disagree with you on a couple points.

Abortion is a major point.

2minkey

bootlicker
i think self-righteousness is a sin, too. if it isn't it should be. because it's quite sickening.

spike

Far more sickening than not requiring women to cover their faces or eating meat on Friday I would think.

More catholics should set a good example and just completely ignore the silly parts, stop the self righteous judging, treat women equally, and start using their heads.

spike

In regards to that "Catholic" site, those who run that site are not Catholic, but wolves in sheep clothing. This reminds me of a quote attributed to Abraham Lincoln, "How many tails does a dog have if you call a tail a leg? Four, because calling a tail a leg does not make it one".

Looks like any catholics calling themselves "christian" still does not make them anymore than a cult.

:laugh:

Gotholic

i think self-righteousness is a sin, too. if it isn't it should be. because it's quite sickening.

If anyone should criticize another then he is deemed self-righteous? I guess we are all self-righteous then in our own way.

Far more sickening than not requiring women to cover their faces or eating meat on Friday I would think.

It is their heads, not their faces. And I suspect you do not even know why nor the meaning of women wearing veils in Church or Catholics not eating meat on Fridays.

More catholics should set a good example and just completely ignore the silly parts, stop the self righteous judging, treat women equally, and start using their heads.

A good example would be to stop professing to be Catholic when you do not share the Catholic faith. You did. It is not that hard.

Looks like any catholics calling themselves "christian" still does not make them anymore than a cult.

:laugh:

You love inserting tangents.

Professur

Tangents do make the conversation spread to more than "You're wrong" "No, you're wrong" back and forth.