U.N. dork slams U.S. as 'stingy' over aid

ResearchMonkey

Yeah, like it any of your business how we spend our money. :nerd:

The application of US assests had ZERO to with what the UN goofball said. It was announced proir to UN-dood sticking his foot in mouth, that this was just the immediate action while the needs were being assessed.

BTW, GWB more then doubled that before he doubled that. Do you have any idea how much it cost to deploy the USS Lincoln for day? Not to mention the rest of the floating water-purification plants he sent there. Or the cost of Airlifts or multiple deployment of the US Marines to the rescue.

... the war, its not pointless ...its for the oil, hadn't you heard :lol2:

Hey TG, about the UN

:brush:

ResearchMonkey

GJ, Les, I give you most of the credit, you are the numero uno Canuki-chickadee. Damn glad to see our northern buddy hitting hard.

Glad to see we are jumping in there too, 'bout time huh!

....thanx UN-turd-ball, never would'a happened without your wisdom and well placed fopar :brush:

• UNDER SECRETARY GROSSMAN is to lead a U.S. task force to coodiniate the disaster relief effort
  • In cooperation with a multinational effort with Australia, Japan and India … for starters.
  • Joint Task Force 536, Third Marine Expeditionary Force is being deployed.
  • We have committed, at this point, six C-130 aircraft for airlift support.
  • We have committed nine P-3 aircraft.
  • The Lincoln Carrier Strike Group. (a flotilla of ships and submarines, and numerous aircraft and 12 helicopters)
  • The Bonhomme Richard Expeditionary Strike Group, of seven ships and 25 helicopters, +4 cobras Helios, 2,100 Marines, 1,400 sailors.
  • An Additional 5 navel ships, each ship can produce 90,000 gallons of fresh water a day.
  • A sixth ship that is hospital ship
  • TWO more ships from Diego Garcia will deploy ASAP, those two ships also have a 90,000 gallon freshwater-production capability.
  • We deployed a DART team, a Disaster Assistance Response Team.
  • We've already given $4 million to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in Geneva.
  • We've purchased 3,000 tons of rice in Indonesia, which is now being made available.
  • Plastic sheeting that will house about 10,000 people is being distributed.
  • Water bladders that will keep clean water, and also jerricans for people to transport the water to their shelter areas.
  • And, we’ve committed $35 million for immediate use to get the ball rolling as assets get placed

... I would venture to guess the value of US assets being deployed have to be worth at least a couple of thousand dollars, maybe more.

…..and of course, we will be dissed at every turn for not doing enough.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
The Bonhomme Richard Expeditionary Strike Group
78-Que-Bonhomme%20in%20old%20street%20lgr.jpg

that is funny. :lol:

ResearchMonkey

May your winter last 'til mid-july.

BTW, y'all know $25 million is but chump change to the US, we spend that on TV comercials trying to make the IRS seem friendly. ...but surely it is temptation for corruption to most, less fortunate government.

freako104

Gato_Solo said:
I notice a couple things right off...

1. He never mentioned his home country
2. He tries to invoke the 'Christmas Spirit'.

That means that he's a hypocrite. I also don't see him giving up part of his wages, which I'm sure are quite a bit larger than mine...

and everyone else. I think all he is doing is trying to get us bad publicity is all.

ClaireBear

Banned
Me thinks there may have been a Bush/Blair colaboration... as guess what?

The UK is donating 15 million quid too... about 7.5 million dollars. Most people here think thats stingey too...

But didn't Dubya then renaige (sp? :blush: ) on the 15 and went on to pledge 35 "Billion"... now that is a worry isn't it... a president who's discalculic... :rofl:

tank girl

ResearchMonkey said:
Yeah, like it any of your business how we spend our money. :nerd:

The application of US assests had ZERO to with what the UN goofball said. It was announced proir to UN-dood sticking his foot in mouth, that this was just the immediate action while the needs were being assessed.

BTW, GWB more then doubled that before he doubled that. Do you have any idea how much it cost to deploy the USS Lincoln for day? Not to mention the rest of the floating water-purification plants he sent there. Or the cost of Airlifts or multiple deployment of the US Marines to the rescue.

... the war, its not pointless ...its for the oil, hadn't you heard :lol2:

Hey TG, about the UN

:brush:

BOO-HOO...do you realise how unbelievably ignorant you sound? just stop right there,...

Well..after sitting crying at the horrific news footage tonight, i don't really care about the facts...but what I do see one area of the world that is completely and utterly devestated right now and theres no point in bikkering about who has a right to care about what - but what really matters is trying to offer whatever we can. Mine is thoughts, and sure your little head may be offended but frankly, I find it appauling that the U.S government would rather waste billions a day bombing the hell out of a third world country and only contribute 14 or so million to something the size of this.

I mean, we are contributing 3 million already, and look at the size of us!!! and the U.K is dipping into their own disaster relief fund...this clearly is a LOT bigger than debating whether or not you should part with precious U.S dollars for the relief fund or not, or arguing how much you should....

this is a genuine huanitarian crisis of epic proportions and really if you've got the money to be bombing and kiling you've got the money to be doing something that shouldn't require a second thought about what is more important. I seriously believe that if you are able its more of A RESPONSIBILITY to offer the most you can. Reguardless of the billions of dollars your Presidency probably got in line for bombing Iran next year...:brush:

I was also thinking,if I were a soldier in Iraq I'd sure as hell rather be doing serious humnanitarian aid by offering whatever assistance in the relief effort and saving lives than risking my own life in a quote/unquote "humanitarian" war by killing off people in a dusty hell-hole

tank girl

freako104 said:
and everyone else. I think all he is doing is trying to get us bad publicity is all.

Bad publicity? are you kidding? I think in the eyes of the wider-world media your darling president beat him to that a few years back, and theres really no better thing for self-promotion when you've got a moron for a President. But lemme guess, most of the U.S media doesn't dare show that more in-depth, intellectual-type critical stuff right? the stuff where you actually have to be engaged think rather than be entertained by the catchphrases and propaganda-in-drag that gets flung at you all the time.

unclehobart

ClaireBear said:
Me thinks there may have been a Bush/Blair colaboration... as guess what?

The UK is donating 15 million quid too... about 7.5 million dollars. Most people here think thats stingey too...

But didn't Dubya then renaige (sp? :blush: ) on the 15 and went on to pledge 35 "Billion"... now that is a worry isn't it... a president who's discalculic... :rofl:
Reverse that. Brit pounds are worth more than USD$. 15 million pounds equal about 25 million USD.

ClaireBear

Banned
unclehobart said:
Reverse that. Brit pounds are worth more than USD$. 15 million pounds equal about 25 million USD.

Ahhh yes! The pound is very strong at the mo too... :lol2:

Still though... £15,000,000 is nowt though a "Lottery Rollover" win is normally 12!!!!

PostCode

Major contributor!
I was also thinking,if I were a soldier in Iraq I'd sure as hell rather be doing serious humnanitarian aid by offering whatever assistance in the relief effort and saving lives than risking my own life in a quote/unquote "humanitarian" war by killing off people in a dusty hell-hole

Well, you are not a soldier...thank god.

tank girl

Gonz said:
Wait a minute, can we see that again?

3 for 3?

Thanks, I needed that.

uh, hon I think you forgot this part:

...after sitting crying at the horrific news footage tonight...

so you can put a hold on your bitching because this issue seems far more bigger than trying once again to poke a finger at me...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
But yet, strangely not bigger than haranguing on who is doing how much of what how soon. Yep.

ResearchMonkey

Luis G said:
How much would that be? (just curious).

The Lincoln Carrier Strike Group is deployed with ...
  • Cruiser USS Shiloh (CG 67), commanded by Capt. Joe Harriss.
  • Destroyer USS Benfold (DDG 65), commanded by Cmdr. Don Hornbeck.
  • Destroyer USS Shoup (DDG 86), led by Cmdr. Alexander T. Casimes.
  • Attack submarine USS Louisville (SSN 724), under the command of Cmdr. David Kirk.
  • Fast combat support ship USS Rainier (AOE 7).
  • Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 2.
  • Strike Figher Squadron (VFA) 151.
  • Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 137.
  • Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 82.
  • Plus what ever else is lurking under the water that we just don't discuss

1996 estimate for peace time annual operating and support cost for a Nimitz Class CVN $298,000,000 .....Mind you this a Clinton underfunded peacetime estimate form 8 years ago.

You can prolly come close to doubling that figure today, thats just for the Carrier itself. Add in the cost of the other ships and add the cost of the mission. I would guess conservativley the operation will run $10,000,000/day.

The USS Lincoln will also be creating 400,000 gallons of life saving fresh water a day.

But this I tell you; when your world is surreal and everything you have ever known to be has been shattered, theres few thing as comforting seeing a United States Aircraft Carrier anchored just off shore.
flag.gif

...unless your an islamofacist, then that carrier is prolly what fucked-off your world

abooja

Leslie said:
But yet, strangely not bigger than haranguing on who is doing how much of what how soon. Yep.
Thank you! If one were solely interested in helping those in need, one would shut up and help those in need, and not view this tragedy as yet another opportunity to further one's own political agenda.

ResearchMonkey

tank girl said:
BOO-HOO...do you realise how unbelievably ignorant you sound? just stop right there,...

Oh my emotionally driven little friend; if you could see past your misinformed view of my nation and hatred my president, you would see there is no ingnorance in my post. Only the blinding ingnorance of hate inside yourself.

tank girl said:
I find it appauling that the U.S government would rather waste billions a day bombing the hell out of a third world country and only contribute 14 or so million to something the size of this.

Fortunatly, we will are able to do both effectively

tank girl said:
I mean, we are contributing 3 million already, and look at the size of us!!! and the U.K is dipping into their own disaster relief fund...this clearly is a LOT bigger than debating whether or not you should part with precious U.S dollars for the relief fund or not, or arguing how much you should....

Then I would have to ask you, why are you makeing such a case that we are not doing enough.

While your millions are helping and will save lives, as is every dollar. I have to tell you that the good people of this nation are making private donations, both from corparations and citizens, is dwarfing that of your gov't.

tank girl said:
this is a genuine huanitarian crisis of epic proportions and really if you've got the money to be bombing and kiling you've got the money to be doing something that shouldn't require a second thought about what is more important. I seriously believe that if you are able its more of A RESPONSIBILITY to offer the most you can. Reguardless of the billions of dollars your Presidency probably got in line for bombing Iran next year...:brush:

Again, rest assured we could do both.

But I don't think we'll invade Iran, a few bombs maybe. Now Syria, we may do some incursions there.

[
tank girl said:

Oh you are so stuck in 2003. :lloyd:

I'll have you know that we are spending billions on humanitarian missions in Iraq. Your extremely narrow understanding of what is happneing in the world in quite laughable ... I'll apply that attribute to your youth, I would hate to think you're really that stupid.