This makes me...

jimpeel

I didn't see mentioned anywhere that the register system will attempt to lock out cashiers after 4.5 hours and WILL lock them out at 4.75 hours. Maybe it's California Wal-Marts only, but it's something done as a corporate policy to prevent people getting too many hours before their lunch periods, which would be illegal.

Ours stops at five hours because it is a violation of state law for us to work overv five hours without a lunch break, I have had that happen in the past and the computer sends a message to Bentonville that state law has been violated.

jimpeel

I ain't gotta worry about this because I'll be found dead long before I enter a WalMart. But if that event were to ever take place and some store employee went to lay a hand on me, he/she would either draw back a bloody nub or hear from my lawyer. I don't go to retail outlets for the purpose of allowing unknown strangers to hug me. If one tried, I'd slap the shit out of them, then slap them for shitting.

The frequent huggers club is for associates only.

jimpeel

I've never seen a group who are so paranoid of a simple hug.

I was actually called into the office and asked about all of the hugging that goes on at the front end. I told them "We hug because we like each other." The manager said that we didn't have to stop hugging but that we needed to be careful.

Apparently some ninny customer -- sorta like those gathered here -- didn't like seeing us hug and complained that they thought it was unprofessional behavior.

I wrote a piece to explain what the hugs were about and submitted it to my Co-manager so; here it is.

Co-Manager Rxx,

In our meeting, you had asked me what hugs mean to me. Maybe this will help.

Hugs are appreciation; as when my wife and I gave all of the cashiers and CSS’s flowers on Mother’s Day.

Hugs are congratulatory; as when Gxx had her baby; or Rxx got his car running for $10 when he had been so worried he might have to replace it.

Hugs are condolence; as when Axx and Mxx tragically lost someone dear to them.

Hugs are healing; as when Cxx has her seizures.

Hugs are solace; as when Axx had an accident with her car and was feeling badly.

Hugs are celebratory; as when we all hugged at Christmas before closing the store.

Hugs engender strength when someone is feeling put upon by others.

Hugs are uplifting when someone is down; and they are even more uplifting when they are not.

Hugs are a way to transfer your good cheer to another person, or theirs to you.

Hugs are positivity to help others gain a renewed outlook on life.

Hugs are calming when a person is under stress.

Hugs are apologetic for past wrongs realized. They are the salve that anoints past transgressions.

Hugs express your welcome when you meet, and your best wishes when you part.

Hugs are a positive way of letting others know that you care about them; that you like them; you wish them well; you are on their side; you share their pain; you share their happiness; you share their grief; that you are there for them.

Hugs make you feel good. They brighten your day. They take away the tribulations of everyday life if only for that moment when you realize that someone cares; and hugs do it so simply.

Hugs are that touch of humanity that we all need every day. They give you renewed confidence that the light at the end of the tunnel is not an onrushing train. No other single act expresses so much, for so little, so symbiotically.

Hugs are the kisses for the boo-boos of the soul.

ResearchMonkey

Great, but I'd still lay ya' flat and consider it assault, I get plenty of hugs from people I know.

...but I agree that if walmart is your job, its a fine job to have, just don't beyond a handshake thanx.

jimpeel

Great, but I'd still lay ya' flat and consider it assault, I get plenty of hugs from people I know.

...but I agree that if walmart is your job, its a fine job to have, just don't beyond a handshake thanx.

Did you catch that part about the Frequent Huggers Club being made up solely of willing associates and not the customers?

It is amusing to me how people can take such a simple act and elevate it to something sordid.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I've never seen a group who are so paranoid of a simple hug.

You neglected to clarify that in your initial mentioning of this.

Hug who ever you like. Lay a hand on me and be prepared for limited mobility. End of discussion. I don't know you. You go to hug our daughter and as far as I'm concerned you're a sexual predator and will be treated as one. My line of work makes me a touch wary of Roman hands and Russian fingers. Bottom line, anybody I don't know and know well who goes to lay hands on me is in for a surprise.

Now if you and your fellow WalMartsketeers wanna group grope around the fabric softener, by all means have at it. I imagine stranger stuff happens in there daily...I've seen your customers. But before you go gettin all put out, best realize you left the door open by not being clear.

jimpeel

You neglected to clarify that in your initial mentioning of this.

Hug who ever you like. Lay a hand on me and be prepared for limited mobility. End of discussion. I don't know you. You go to hug our daughter and as far as I'm concerned you're a sexual predator and will be treated as one. My line of work makes me a touch wary of Roman hands and Russian fingers. Bottom line, anybody I don't know and know well who goes to lay hands on me is in for a surprise.

Now if you and your fellow WalMartsketeers wanna group grope around the fabric softener, by all means have at it. I imagine stranger stuff happens in there daily...I've seen your customers. But before you go gettin all put out, best realize you left the door open by not being clear.

You're a good American SnP. Everything is something bad and everyone is out for some sinister intent. A simple hug turns into a "group grope" in your mind. You have drunk the PC kool-Aid and bought into the mantra.

That is why we, as a society have become so strange. Teachers are afraid to hug a crying child; everyone is afraid to tell a joke lest someone nearby be offended; many of the things that used to be normal and customary are now considered abnormal and abberant.

Continue to march unwaveringly and perhaps you will someday end up like THESE GUYS.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
You're a good American SnP. Everything is something bad and everyone is out for some sinister intent. A simple hug turns into a "group grope" in your mind. You have drunk the PC kool-Aid and bought into the mantra.

That is why we, as a society have become so strange. Teachers are afraid to hug a crying child; everyone is afraid to tell a joke lest someone nearby be offended; many of the things that used to be normal and customary are now considered abnormal and abberant.

Continue to march unwaveringly and perhaps you will someday end up like THESE GUYS.

See what I see, deal with what I get to deal with, face the people I have to face. Then start your shit. Until then, just scan kitty litter, m'kay?

BlurOfSerenity

for some reason, it bothers me when people endlessly rag on walmart. yes, every item of clothing i'v eever bought there has promptly shown a defect or fallen apart in some way, but... CHEAP FRUITY PEBBLES!

cheap food, really. many a friend of mine has been able to eat well simply because they buy their food at walmart instead of at a regular grocery store. imagine if we had a super wal-mart!

ResearchMonkey

To make it simple...

Hugs, to me anyway, are not a greeting for all my brothers and sister of this groovy world baby.

They are a special greeting for very special people, If I hug you... it means you are important to me.

I guess I'm just not buying into the 'free hugs' movement, while sweet-n-all, my hugs aint cheap.

Now this somewhat cute, I'ld let my wife or kids hug this fella if they chose too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
for some reason, it bothers me when people endlessly rag on walmart. yes, every item of clothing i'v eever bought there has promptly shown a defect or fallen apart in some way, but... CHEAP FRUITY PEBBLES!

cheap food, really. many a friend of mine has been able to eat well simply because they buy their food at walmart instead of at a regular grocery store. imagine if we had a super wal-mart!

Careful what you wish for. You'll never see a butcher in a Stupor WalMart, so just where/when was that cheapo beef ground anyway? Oh, and that Old El Paso taco kit you bought with the ground beef? Better use exactly 1.00 pounds of meat, cuz that's all you'll get there. No 1.24 pound packages for a little extra meat in your recipe. Gotta be uniform and precise.

Matters not to me. Shop where you like.

While you still have a choice.

BlurOfSerenity

Careful what you wish for. You'll never see a butcher in a Stupor WalMart, so just where/when was that cheapo beef ground anyway? Oh, and that Old El Paso taco kit you bought with the ground beef? Better use exactly 1.00 pounds of meat, cuz that's all you'll get there. No 1.24 pound packages for a little extra meat in your recipe. Gotta be uniform and precise.

Matters not to me. Shop where you like.

While you still have a choice.

yeah, super walmarts actually kind of freak me out -- the only time i was ever in one, i was 15, and lost sight of my mommy, and then got lost, and couldn't even see a side wall of the store to walk to like i do when i get lost, because the store was so huge, so i stood in the middle of an aisle and had a panic attack!

super-walmart wishings aside, mostly i'm talking about the canned and boxed goods. for a lot of people, getting more food for your dollar is really important. these days, i can't believe how much a box of cereal or can of soup can cost. it's ridiculous. but at walmart, they seem to be more reasonably priced. and with it being so hard to earn a decent living sometimes, that means a lot. which is a lot of why walmart thrives. i have always said that walmart is a symptom of our population. if more of the people had more of the wealth, they might not find themselves needing to pinch those pennies at walmart.