Them Damn Russkies!

OldHippie

I guess I'm a Capatilist Pig. If ya can afford it why not have it? If the guy down the street doesn't like it, TUFF SHIT.

habanero

The French aren't arrogant, they're just pissed off.

Pissed off because, well....they're French!

" French. They taste like chicken!" --- Hannibal Lecter

Aunty Em

I guess I'm a Capatilist Pig. If ya can afford it why not have it? If the guy down the street doesn't like it, TUFF SHIT.

Maybe the guy down the street doesn't want it... some of us prefer to sit and watch the rat race rather than take part because we know it means shit all in the big scheme of things and we ain't interested in shoring up a bunch of greedy capitalist bastards... and I mean the real capitalists, the guys with the money. You just think you are cos you buy all their crap, but all you really are is an opportunity for someone else to get rich... real capitalists don't spend money, they get everyone else to spend it, preferably on their inferior products which constantly need replacing when they break down. Think about it... you're not a capitalist, you're a dupe.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Similarly, real capitalists don't pay taxes. Thery pass them on or hire fewer workers or lay people off.

A capitalist also wants a healthy middle class. The poor can't afford much & the rich buy the good stuff.

OldHippie

Maybe the guy down the street doesn't want it... some of us prefer to sit and watch the rat race rather than take part because we know it means shit all in the big scheme of things and we ain't interested in shoring up a bunch of greedy capitalist bastards... and I mean the real capitalists, the guys with the money. You just think you are cos you buy all their crap, but all you really are is an opportunity for someone else to get rich... real capitalists don't spend money, they get everyone else to spend it, preferably on their inferior products which constantly need replacing when they break down. Think about it... you're not a capitalist, you're a dupe.

So your saying that if you opened a small shop or invented some sort of grounbreaking softwear and became incredibly rich you wouldn't enjoy the fruits of your labors??????????? Sorry AuntyEm I don't buy into your argument. I know plenty of folks who are worth a ton of money. They enjoy it just as much as I enjoy my meager earnings. A dupe? I think not.

Aunty Em

So your saying that if you opened a small shop or invented some sort of grounbreaking softwear and became incredibly rich you wouldn't enjoy the fruits of your labors??????????? Sorry AuntyEm I don't buy into your argument. I know plenty of folks who are worth a ton of money. They enjoy it just as much as I enjoy my meager earnings. A dupe? I think not.

I'd probably set up some sort of charitable trust... I have no-one to leave it to and as long as my day to day bills are paid there's not really a lot more that I want apart from travelling to a some interesting places and meeting some interesting people. The material world no longer holds much interest for me, it's not important... people are.

catocom

IMO capitalism is excellent, unless greed drives it to the point of breaking the laws.
Of coarse that's why the laws are in place.

In other contries...I couldn't say if it's the best way Totally or not, as the laws differ.:shrug:

Aunty Em

From my standpoint the law seems to protect those who have money regardless of which country you're in.

Aunty Em

And who protects the innocent poor? Human rights mean shit unless you're a criminal and the Law doesn't give a fcuk.

catocom

well yeah, you gotta buy off/lobby the right people...:evilgrin:

Seriously though, anything that has to do with money...there's going to be some corruption.

That's why I'm a big fan of oversight, which in fact there isn't enough right now.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
From my standpoint the law seems to protect those who have money regardless of which country you're in.

Mayhap because the rich get elected and end up writing the laws?

I personally have nothing against wealthy people. Particularly those who got that way by means other than inheritance and/or marriage. I may not like some of their eccentricities, and I may disagree with some of their priorities, but hey...they got up, left the cave, killed it, dragged it back to the cave, and cleaned it. Let 'em enjoy it instead of trying to make them use it to feed everyone who never left their own cave.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The rich need a healthy middle class. It's not in their best interest to kill us off. That would be the democrats.

2minkey

bootlicker
The rich need a healthy middle class. It's not in their best interest to kill us off. That would be the democrats.

that's super and i'm glad you got somebody to blame for, um, something, but outside of that...

take a look at recent enconomic trends. we get more and more like brazil every year.