Them Damn Russkies!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Brazil has a growing millionaire club?

Poverty in America is a club that 99% of the earths population would envy.
Almost half own homes. Nearly all own cars (a healthy majority own two or more). Most have A/C in their house. Exceedingly few go hungry & almost none have "no food". How many Haitians own microwaves & have the electricity to run one? Most American poor do.

The middle class is grower wealthier every year. Unfortuantely, Uncle Sam taught to them that debt was a good thing.

Aunty Em

Brazil has a growing millionaire club?

Poverty in America is a club that 99% of the earths population would envy.
Almost half own homes. Nearly all own cars (a healthy majority own two or more). Most have A/C in their house. Exceedingly few go hungry & almost none have "no food". How many Haitians own microwaves & have the electricity to run one? Most American poor do.

The middle class is grower wealthier every year. Unfortuantely, Uncle Sam taught to them that debt was a good thing.

What you need is a real disaster that knocks you all off your pedestals, back down here with the rest of us. Maybe then you'll learn to appreciate not going hungry.

It's not so long ago that I only had $50 a fortnight to feed myself... no I wasn't starving although sometimes it felt like it, but I came to appreciate what I do have a lot more, that I could live with a lot less than I thought I could... simplicity rules... and that I don't need a new mp3 player or bigger lcd tv to enjoy living. Possessions just tie you down... you stress out over them because you're worried someone's gonna steal them, well I've been giving away a lot of mine just lately and you know what? I feel great about it... I just don't need them and I feel a lot less stressed and freer for not having them.

catocom

We average about 20 bucks a day for 3 kids, and 3 adults.
We have to plan though.
(that's just the food)

Aunty Em

I plan to start growing some veggies in my garden next year. I've got lots of pots and I plan to put in a couple of raised beds later. I can get some free topsoil via freecycle and probably some decent compost and seeds too. I can decide what to grow and raise some seedlings in my kitchen.

I'm gonna be eating a lot of apple sauce this winter too, as my mum's apple tree has a bumper crop.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
What you need is a real disaster that knocks you all off your pedestals, back down here with the rest of us. Maybe then you'll learn to appreciate not going hungry.

Not all of us. A good many (a majority I presume) are grateful for what we have & how easy it is here. Take a walk thru Zimbabwe or even the non-tourist areas of Ixtapa. Americans have it good.