SnP and AllEars' won't be around much for awhile

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
greenfreak said:
What did you use it for? What was the total payout? And did your insurance go up afterwards?

I just thought of something else... So far, Geico hasn't figured out that Rusty is a licensed drive at my residence. If we do this and that comes out somehow, that would also raise my car insurance. Unless I go elsewhere.

Depends upon how long you've had them. I insured my wife for 5 years before we got married, and the cost was only about 16 dollars a month. A lot cheaper than an accident. Also...is Rusty insured through another company?

greenfreak

No, he's not. Has never had insurance under his own name. So if he wasn't on my policy, he would be in assigned risk. Big $$$.

It's only a matter of time. But we're waiting as long as possible.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
greenfreak said:
No, he's not. Has never had insurance under his own name. So if he wasn't on my policy, he would be in assigned risk. Big $$$.

It's only a matter of time. But we're waiting as long as possible.

Until he gets in an accident...then you're screwed.

Inkara1

Depends on the policy. If he's specifically excluded, then yes. If not, he very well might be covered... perhaps at the state minimum but still covered. I had to specifrically exclude Brandi on the car insurance or else the premiums would have gone through the roof. If she'd gotten in an accident the insurance wouldn't have paid out, but when she got pulled over for doing 92 in a 65 (in the 1981 Honda of all cars) the insurance came back as current and paid when the cop ran it.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
greenfreak said:
That's actually not true.

Here if anyone who was SUPPOSE to be listed on your insurance got in an accident in your car you'd be screwed...par example...around here if he was driving your mom's car and got in an accident then it wouldn't matter I don't think because he's not required to be on her insurance...he doesn't live in the same house...but if he got in an accident in a car from your household and you had withheld that he should be on the insurance...well...let's just say you'd need ALOT of vaseline...

MrBishop

GF...d'ya insure the person or the car?
Sounds like the person's got the insurance regardless of which car s/he is driving.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
We met with the man about FINALLY doing the debris removal yesterday. He is supposedly beginning as I type. I blow this popsicle stand in two hours, so we'll see how it's going this afternoon. If all goes as planned, the house will be gone, eight damaged trees removed, and a couple extra little jobs thrown in (pulling down part of the outbuilding that's ready to fall, flattening an old woodpile that's 98% picked through anyway, stuff like that). They will also cut a new driveway, prepare the ground for the new place, run the water/electric/cable lines (gonna bury them all...looks nicer), and when the time comes, install septic and rock the driveway. The price is quite reasonable, so we're pretty excited. It is nice to see some change at the site.

The double wide...we're still nitpicking details with the manufacturer. Mainly because they seem to have developed a deficiency in reading the English language. Thye want this and that sent to them, and i have no problem with that...as soon as they get the damn thing right. If I ask for a red truck and you bring me a green minivan, I ain't signin' shit.

We are taking a brief holiday over the weekend and getting the hell out of Dodge. We're going to stay somewhere close(r) to Pigeon Forge and wear some outlet stores OUT. Corning Ware, cookware, linens, housewares, books, clothing, glassware...it's all fair game. Other than replacing some of our stuff, the words "fire", "insurance", "depreciation", and "replacement" are verbotin.

TexasRaceLady

SouthernN'Proud said:
We are taking a brief holiday over the weekend and getting the hell out of Dodge. We're going to stay somewhere close(r) to Pigeon Forge and wear some outlet stores OUT. Corning Ware, cookware, linens, housewares, books, clothing, glassware...it's all fair game. Other than replacing some of our stuff, the words "fire", "insurance", "depreciation", and "replacement" are verbotin.

Have a great weekend, SN'P. You and All Ears need to get away and have some fun.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
He better hurry back & read what I stumbled across reading some memoirs

US Grant said:
On the 29th of January I arrived at Young’s Point and assumed command the following day. General McClernand took exception in a most characteristic way—for him. His correspondence with me on the subject was more in the nature of a reprimand than a protest. It was highly insubordinate, but I overlooked it, as I believed, for the good of the service. General McClernand was a politician of very considerable prominence in his State; he was a member of Congress when the secession war broke out; he belonged to that political party, Democratic, which furnished all the opposition there was to a vigorous prosecution of the war for saving the Union; there was no delay in his declaring himself for the Union at all hazards, and there was no uncertain sound in his declaration of where he stood in the contest before the country. He also gave up his seat in Congress to take the field in defence of the principles he had proclaimed.

That would have to make him feel better

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Gonz said:
He better hurry back & read what I stumbled across reading some memoirs

That would have to make him feel better

He never felt bad, as far as those events and his perception of them is concerned.

I wish you had been with us for about an hour yesterday. We met a feller who could change your perceptions in a hurry.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Until you show me the secessionist states not using the treament of negroes as one of the myraid of reasons for forming their own union (which you can't) & until you show me Lincoln NOT signing the Emancipation Proclamation (which you can't) (actions, not words) I'll always believe that the flag you wish to wave is one in favor of destroying the country & weakening her (as well as the secessionist states)...making us all, in the world-politic arena, far less the we are now.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Gonz said:
Until you show me the secessionist states not using the treament of negroes as one of the myraid of reasons for forming their own union (which you can't)

So never mind the mistreatment that went on in the Union States...that was OK with you...it was only bad in the South...Gotcha. Typical.

Gonz said:
& until you show me Lincoln NOT signing the Emancipation Proclamation (which you can't) (actions, not words)

And never mind the real reason for his doing so, or his actual statements regarding the document, or the illegality of the document, or the fact that it freed not one slave. None of that matters. The myth you memorized in 10th grade is more sacred than the truth. Gotcha. Typical.

Gonz said:
I'll always believe that the flag you wish to wave is one in favor of destroying the country

The country was well on its way to destroying itself economically. That's why they invaded.

Gonz said:
& weakening her (as well as the secessionist states)

On that note you are nothing but wrong, and there is no polite way to word it. Sorry. I can think of nothing that could have weakened the South more than "Reconstruction" did.

Gonz said:
...making us all, in the world-politic arena, far less the we are now.

Funny then how worried the Union leaders were about courting the aid and assistance of the very nation THEY seceded from to help put down the rebellion on this soil. Again, typical.

And I can show you. Have offered to do so. You won't read my offered source. So who's the bullheaded one again?

rrfield

broken-record.jpg

HomeLAN

Hey, Gonz keeps asking for it. He could've just shut up in this thr...

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! Nope, couldn't get it out with a straight face.