Like to see governator Ahh-nold as president?

catocom

chcr said:
Word around here is that it'll be Bill Frist. There are worse choices. :shrug:
I like Frist. I just wish he had a more outgoing personality. :swing:
He just seems a little dry. :brush:
He's a smart dude though it seems.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
No, and I'll tell you why. A person who is not born in the US, or born of parents who are US citizens, has no real ties to this country. Pledging allegience, joining the military, or serving as a police officer are all nice, but your immediate family is not in the US. Your roots are not in the US. Your decisions could be affected by your home country...where your roots are. Suppose we have a president from China, and, 2 years into his/her presidency, China declares war on the US...Which way will the president jump? He is sworn to uphold the Constitution, and to protect the US from all enemies, foreign and domestic, but his mother, father, brother, and sister are still in China. Makes it much more difficult to make that decision, doesn't it? Ordering troops that could conceivably kill your mother and father is something that our founding fathers didn't want anyone to have to do, therefor, no to having naturalized citizens in the office of President, or Vice President.

catocom

Gato_Solo said:
No, and I'll tell you why. A person who is not born in the US, or born of parents who are US citizens, has no real ties to this country. Pledging allegience, joining the military, or serving as a police officer are all nice, but your immediate family is not in the US. Your roots are not in the US. Your decisions could be affected by your home country...where your roots are. Suppose we have a president from China, and, 2 years into his/her presidency, China declares war on the US...Which way will the president jump? He is sworn to uphold the Constitution, and to protect the US from all enemies, foreign and domestic, but his mother, father, brother, and sister are still in China. Makes it much more difficult to make that decision, doesn't it? Ordering troops that could conceivably kill your mother and father is something that our founding fathers didn't want anyone to have to do, therefor, no to having naturalized citizens in the office of President, or Vice President.
Very Very good point Gato! :anibang: