Like to see governator Ahh-nold as president?

freako104

I dont know. Some things I agree with in him some I do not. PLus we had an acotr as president before

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Gonz said:
Originally Posted by Article 2, Sec 1
No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
A natural born citizen, or a Citizen...sooooooo he's not a citizen? how exactly does he not fit into this section? Am I misreading it somehow?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
So going by that logic... noone who wasn't a natural citizen at the adoption of that constitution can be president either? :eek6:

maybe I'm just tired.

Inkara1

No one who will be running for president in the foreseeable future is more than 215 years old, so I don't think this will be a big worry.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Leslie said:
maybe I'm just tired.

That must be it. If not, I'll re-position it so it's easier.

No Person except a natural born Citizen shall be eligible to the Office of President (or a Citizen of the United States at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
that sounds dirteeeee :laugh:

States, at the time
it's this comma that's doing it for me. I am still reading it that either a natural citizen or a citizen can do it.

chcr

Too cute for words
...and further:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Californians will soon see advertisements urging them to help give Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and other foreign-born citizens the chance to run for president.

The cable television ads, set to being Monday, are from a Silicon Valley-based group that wants to amend the U.S. Constitution, which limits the presidency to people born in the United States.

link

Can I get a hell no? I don't think you should be able to hold any federal office (elected or appointed) if you weren't born here. Just my opinion.

catocom

chcr said:
...and further:

link

Can I get a hell no? I don't think you should be able to hold any federal office (elected or appointed) if you weren't born here. Just my opinion.

hell no?
er um I mean..
Hell No!

atleast not for another 10-12 years.

Winky

One vote No for Arnie
(re-election to a second term to Guvner of the peoples Republic
if he wants it tho...)
One Vote YES for Eastwood in 08
'cept he's too damn old the Guys 75 fer Christ sakes
so that counts him out.

Hey besides the demmies would have a field day