Like to see governator Ahh-nold as president?

Inkara1

www.operationarnold.com includes a petition you can sign to start the process for a consitiutional amendment allowing people who are foreign-born but have been US Citizens for 20 years or more to run for president. Arnold would qualify; he became a US Citizen in 1983.

2_prezinator_h.jpg

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
lol, why not?

look what your choices are now, well once you hit bottom, might as well start shoveling

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'd like to see Schwarzenegger be able to run...from what I've seen I like most of his poitics.

However, one man is not worth changing the Constitution & having one office that only allows a native American is not worth changing either.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
ahh if the debate is about WHO can be president, that is another story.

Not American, so I have no choice, but if i think about it, I really don't know what I would do, should a naturalized citizen be allowed to run? why? why not?

catocom

Well at this point I'd rather see Arnold pres., than Hilary. :lloyd:

I'm more inclined though to say lets give it 12more years, and make it 30year min.

Let him establish more of a record.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Article 2 said:
No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

No tampering.

Cat - Should Billary get elected, imagine my state of mind. However, if, out of a country of 300,000,000 people, we can't find one born here to whip her ass, then we deserve what we get.

Rose

catocom said:
I'd like to see Clint Eastwood run.

*lol* That'd be fun. I've always been a fan of Bill Cosby running for president. :D :lloyd:

On topic? I'd rather not see the constitution changed for just one man. But on the other hand .. change does have to come from somewhere. I don't like that you only have to live in the US for 20 years, though. Seems kinda short to me. Rather, been a US citizen for 20 years, still seems short.

MrBishop

Gonz said:
I'd like to see Schwarzenegger be able to run...from what I've seen I like most of his poitics.

However, one man is not worth changing the Constitution & having one office that only allows a native American is not worth changing either.

Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

So...as long as they were born in the USA and lived at least 14 years of their life therein, they can be elected. If, for instance, they lived there when they were a kid...moved to Saudi Arabia at age 15, and came back to live in the USA 2 months before the elections...that'd be fine...but it's not fine if they lived there as a naturalized citizen for 20-30 years?

Naturalized citizens have to swear alegience to the USA, the president and the laws...born citizens don't have to at all.

Weird. I like Schwarzenneger as an actor (he's good at blowing things up), I like that he was a strong enough businessman to make his first million$ BEFORE he became famous, I love his health and fitness initiatives. I don't like his attitude towards women and homosexuals.

Inkara1

MrBishop said:
So...as long as they were born in the USA and lived at least 14 years of their life therein, they can be elected. If, for instance, they lived there when they were a kid...moved to Saudi Arabia at age 15, and came back to live in the USA 2 months before the elections...that'd be fine...
I wouldn't say it would be fine... but it would be legal.

catocom

MrBishop said:
So...as long as they were born in the USA and lived at least 14 years of their life therein, they can be elected. If, for instance, they lived there when they were a kid...moved to Saudi Arabia at age 15, and came back to live in the USA 2 months before the elections...that'd be fine...but it's not fine if they lived there as a naturalized citizen for 20-30 years?

I believe it says somewhere too that they have to have lived the 'last 18months back here. :confused:

I'll see if I can find it. :nerd: