I've got a funky do kicken on my melon buddy!

tonksy

If it's gonna be in the great northern tundra us Americans are gonna hafta have passports. I heard tell they were making that change coming soon.

tonksy

While I have never been to your neck of the woods Prof, a trip to SNP's would be much easier on this year's budget.

Not to mention that Prof's family will be irked about getting shorted out of a southern vacation this year :D

Professur

Tonks ... Yes. At least for us. I've been following it closely. But not much news about what Americans have to carry makes our news.

Red ... No doubt. I know what it cost me heading that far south these last years.

Professur

Not to mention that Prof's family will be irked about getting shorted out of a southern vacation this year :D

Tell me about it. But it's simple finance. No money equals no travel ... and that bank account is big time red.

tonksy

Can't we just give you the money that we would have spent driving up there? I reeeeeaaaaaally don't wanna make that drive :tardbang:

Professur

If you'd like, I can crunch the numbers. I actually make out like a bandit where vacationing is concerned, benefiting hugely from the camper. Under $30 a night for 5 people, with a full kitchen and fridge really hauls the costs down.

simplyred

Can't we just give you the money that we would have spent driving up there? I reeeeeaaaaaally don't wanna make that drive :tardbang:

There you go...because between the two of us the costs can be split rather than doubled on two family trips.

There I go being selfish again :crap:

tonksy

You're not being selfish! You're thinking of his wife and kids and how much they pine for a vacation down here! They love it!

Professur

Well, let's see. I don't have a van capable of pulling the trailer anymore, so you'd need to cover payments on a new hauler to start with. Then there's fuel, camp fees, etc.

Or, I've got a full cottage with room for anyone and everyone who wants to come.

tonksy

I won't get to do much gushing and groaning if I am stuck in a car for 2 days straight each way.

Professur

Then don't take the Lexus. Hop a bus, take a train, or fly. Heck, Nothing says you need to haul ass the way I did. Take it in easy stages and see the sights.

But regardless, nothing's carved in stone. There's two offers to host already on the table, but there's room left for others to chime in too.

tonksy

If we are gonna fly I will need a passport...so we need to decide so if I need one I can get one in time.

Professur

Or just vote for SnP's. Honest, it won't bother me. I understand what's involved in traveling that distance with kids better than anyone.
Let's keep that clear. I only want people voting to come up here who actually want to come up here. Not because of any guilty feelings.