I've got a funky do kicken on my melon buddy!

simplyred

So I have had my hairdryer for something over 5 years. It was awesome! Hurricane like blasts of extremely hot air...just what I needed to tame my tight curles a little looser and make my hair a little manageable. Ya'know..keeps it from growing so big and knocking people off the sidewalk. I have finally, after many years of hair turmoil, found the perfect combination of shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner, anti frizz lotions, mousse, gel, hairspray.....to take my hair from poodle like mess to soft pretty curls. The key to my formula was my hair dryer! Well, it has died. I don't know what model it is as the writting has rubbed off, and can not find one that looks like it.

I need your help. Got a recommendation of a hair dryer? Much like a good man, I need it to produce HEAT and POWER!

majestyx

Any way for you to post a pic of it, red? The one I use is made by Remington, called the Super Sonic. Bought it at Wal-Mart several years ago, not sure it's available anymore tho'.

simplyred

Any way for you to post a pic of it, red? The one I use is made by Remington, called the Super Sonic. Bought it at Wal-Mart several years ago, not sure it's available anymore tho'.

My digital camera is on the fritz too. :shrug:

I went to Walmart and got another Revlon (bacause I can't face the office tomorrow looking like Justin from American Idol) and we will see how it works.

Inkara1

I always liked my mom's blow dryer. It's called the "Magnum" and it's, indeed, shaped like a six-shooter.

Professur

Or you could just take the old one to a small appliance repair shop and have the thing fixed.

Professur

Your point? I'd rather put the dollars into a local guy's pocket than add to a landfill ... and send yet more money and work to Asia. And for what it's worth, usually a hair dryer's problems come from dust buildup around the motor bushings. A simple fix.

majestyx

It may be a simple fix. And I wouldn't mind having it repaired.........now, finding a small appliance repair shop CLOSE by, that can fix it while I wait is a completely different scenario.

Professur

Something like a hair dryer ... odds are they'd just rip it apart right there on the counter rather than queue it. Half a dozen screws, a blast of compressed air ... and they're done with you.

BB

mmm a bit of hair balls in there, a quick fix ....

wow, that works so well with your new av! :rofl:

Ze mexican local hairdryer service:
image.php

simplyred

mmm a bit of hair balls in there, a quick fix ....

wow, that works so well with your new av! :rofl:

Ze mexican local hairdryer service:
image.php

I changed that AV to fit the mood of the red frizz ball I have been sporting on my head since the darned thing broke. I woke up late this morning after not getting much sleep last night, so I sporting yet another ponytail. I still don't know how the new one will work.

Prof? I am lucky if a hair dryer last me 6 months let alone a few years. I am thinking if it died....It's DEAD. If you have seen my hair you would understand.

simplyred

Your entire person was supposed to be at the last BBQ.

oh...yeah....I can't even remember now why we didn't come. I think it was because my cousin was in from Germany for a short period of time that happened to fall during the BBQ. I also think Slim had vacation issues at work. I'll try this year.

Speaking of which...what are the plans?