I gotta say...

valkyrie

It does seem that the Dutch are doing better than us on this. Too bad they are going to have to cut the pirates loose.
A bullet to the head saves the expense of a trail. Not sure if the "capture and release" plan would put the Dutch ahead of the US. Are we competing? What do we win if we capture more pirates? Do they have to be alive? Or does body count count toward your final pirate score?

jimpeel

A bullet to the head saves the expense of a trail. Not sure if the "capture and release" plan would put the Dutch ahead of the US. Are we competing? What do we win if we capture more pirates? Do they have to be alive? Or does body count count toward your final pirate score?

God, I hate explaining the obvious.

What

I

Was

Saying

Was ...

They are doing better than us at capturing these guys. The problem is that they are going to have to release them although the U.S. would not do so.

U.S.:
Captured - 1
Detained - 1
Released - 0

Dutch:
Captured - 20
Detained - 0
Released - 20

Get it?

MrBishop

They are doing better than us at capturing these guys. The problem is that they are going to have to release them although the U.S. would not do so.

U.S.:
Captured - 1
Killed - 3
Detained - 1
Released - 0

Dutch:
Captured - 20
Killed - 0
Detained - 0
Released - 20

Get it?
Minor modification

MrBishop

The official, who asked not to be named because he was not authorized to speak to the media, pointed to the French frigate Nivose, which is part of the EU mission.
Commandos aboard the warship arrested 11 pirates last Wednesday, and the frigate sailed for Mombasa to hand them over to authorities there. It has still not returned to the Gulf of Aden, he said.
Hell...the French are doing better than you :D