Yikes!

Aunty Em

Rose said:
Sounds like very sage advice. :D I've been slipping off for a bit and not listening to the cd's which means my eating habits are picking back up. Though I've noticed I'm getting better about not eating when I'm not hungry. :D I started in April and have lost almost 20 pounds, only a few more to go and then maintain maintain maintain (and trim and shape a bit!). *hehe* :D
Yeah, maintaining's the most difficult bit and not slipping back into bad habits. As an added bonus Katie has lost 12 lbs since January because we now have everything low fat... which is good for her heart.

I stopped dieting when my sister died as I'm a comfort eater and I knew I wouldn't be able to continue with it without causing myself a lot of psycological grief... although I didn't actually put any weight on which was quite surprising, but now I'm maintaining my weight in preparation for dieting again.

I find taking the emphasis off counting the calories and letting the program do it prevents me from getting really obssessed and feeling hungary all the time. Also it's based on my own body weight and exercise regime and lets me eat more than some silly diet in the paper, depending on how much I want to lose and over what period of time.

Faddy diets just don't work and I should know cos I've tried enough of them. The only way to lose weight is to eat lees than you require to maintain your body weight. If you want to lose 2 lbs/week (healthy loss) then you need to eat 7000 calories less in that week. For me that means eating 2000 calories instead of 3000/day. The good thing about this program is it adjusts gradually as you lose weight .

Oh, and if you do decide to buy it, if you get it on CD it doesn't require a key to use it.