Yikes!

Aunty Em

People keep telling me I've lost weight but I haven't purposely been dieting, so for the last week I've been using DietPower to see just exactly what I'm eating and found that I'm struggling to eat enough to maintain myself at a level weight.... not a bad thing, lets hope it keeps up.

Rose

:( Losing weight by improper eating is never a good thing. Even if it is losing weight. Though, if you're interested in losing weight 'healthily', I'd recommend The Smart Technique. :D It's really neat and not only helps a person to lose weight but helps them establish good eating habits. :D

What's DietPower?

Aunty Em

It's not improper eating.... to maintain my present weight I have to eat over 3000 calories a day.... today I have eaten 2151 and really don't feel like eating any more.

2x toast(no butter) and low fat peanutbutter, black coffee with 1 sugar for breakfast.
2x onion bagels(no butter) with ham, low fat chedder, tomato & low fat mayonaise and a necterine for lunch plus 500ml sugar free fizzy apple.
mushroom risotto, large mixed salad for supper plus 500 ml sf fizzy apple.
I have snacked on 2 bags of low fat chips/crisps and 2x very low fat yogurts, ix apple and also drunk 1.5 litres of water.

I might have a couple of low fat cookis before bed, but I feel stuffed.

:)

Rose

Ah. *hehe* :D Sounds pretty good, then. I think counting calories would suck. :( But I'm not good with numbers of any kind ... :shrug:

I guess you keep track of everything you eat? is it hard or does it get easier the more you do it? That's the one thing I've not been able to do in my quest to get fit.

Aunty Em

I use a program called DietPower that I had sent over from the US. It does all the calculating for you you just have to weigh out your food log everything you eat plus all your exercise and it does the rest. It calcultes exactly how much water you should also be drinking as that is an important part of good health. I've found nothing else like it and when I want to lose weight it's brilliant... I don't have to think about calories all the time, just sticking to low fat and healthy foods. You can try it free for 15 days and get a 15 day extention if that's not enough to convince you that you can't live without it.

http://www.dietpower.com/

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Justintime said:
I'm once again bein called bones, went from 200 a few months ago to 172 :eek:
:eek13: little much, that, innit?

Aunty...not to be a worriwort, but if you're not trying, isn't that a bit of a concern?

Aunty Em

Justintime said:
I'm once again bein called bones, went from 200 a few months ago to 172 :eek:

It's unique in that if you want to gain weight over a period of time it will calculate that as well... it's actually called a diet and nutrition program.

Not really my choice, just lost the appetite for a few months. Downed a 9" Beef and Bacon bit pizza and 2 milkshakes last night though, so its picking up :laugh:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Justintime said:
Not really my choice, just lost the appetite for a few months. Downed a 9" Beef and Bacon bit pizza and 2 milkshakes last night though, so its picking up :laugh:
I hope so...that weight'd be way skinny on you...

now get eating!!! :spank:

Rose

Thanks, Auntie! :D I'll try it out and see how it goes. I tell you - I used to drink waaaay too much coke (soda pop). I quit drinking coke for two weeks and lost 6 pounds without effort just from not drinking coke anymore! Though, the caffeine withdrawls - headaches and shaking - was almost too much to bear.

Anyway. I just about only drink water anymore. Well, water and alcoholic beverages. :D Occassionally I'll indulge in a bit of orange juice, but ... water for me! :D

Leslie said:
I hope so...that weight'd be way skinny on you...

now get eating!!! :spank:

Ate a bowl of cherries and sweet tamarind earlier, now eating meatballs and spagetti, strange the meatballs are alot smaller in person than on the tin :eyebrow:

Rose said:
Thanks, Auntie! :D I'll try it out and see how it goes. I tell you - I used to drink waaaay too much coke (soda pop). I quit drinking coke for two weeks and lost 6 pounds without effort just from not drinking coke anymore! Though, the caffeine withdrawls - headaches and shaking - was almost too much to bear.

Anyway. I just about only drink water anymore. Well, water and alcoholic beverages. :D Occassionally I'll indulge in a bit of orange juice, but ... water for me! :D

sadly i've just had to fix my headache with 2 cups of major strong coffee, it never loosens its grip! :confbang:

Aunty Em

Rose said:
Ah. *hehe* :D Sounds pretty good, then. I think counting calories would suck. :( But I'm not good with numbers of any kind ... :shrug:

I guess you keep track of everything you eat? is it hard or does it get easier the more you do it? That's the one thing I've not been able to do in my quest to get fit.

I carry a notebook and write everything down. I don't have to remember the calorie content of everything because there are hundreds of takeaway foods recorded by portion size in the food dictionary.... plus you can add you own to your favourites log. It really takes the slog out of dieting. I haven't put any more weight on since I got the program and when I want to lose weight I do... I just prefer to go in stages of maintaining, then losing for a while, then maintaining again. It makes the losing stages easier.... when I plataeu I maintain for a while, that way I don't give up. :)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Justintime said:
Ate a bowl of cherries and sweet tamarind earlier, now eating meatballs and spagetti, strange the meatballs are alot smaller in person than on the tin :eyebrow:
well at least there is spaghetti in this tin...the other stuff you eat is just wrong :eyebrow:

Rose

Sounds like very sage advice. :D I've been slipping off for a bit and not listening to the cd's which means my eating habits are picking back up. Though I've noticed I'm getting better about not eating when I'm not hungry. :D I started in April and have lost almost 20 pounds, only a few more to go and then maintain maintain maintain (and trim and shape a bit!). *hehe* :D