We were adopted too!

simplyred

Actually, my grandparents were and they couldn't keep it. We had a name picked out thinking Kitty was a girl, but looks like Kitty may be a boy with a "chop" job. Going to the vet Monday before official naming :D

simplyred

Yeah that is what I think too. Though, it didn't devolop this manly look until we got it home. Oddly enough I think the cat was inhabited by something else on the trip. When we first "met" it he/she was playful and entergetic. Since he/she moved in has been completely lazy and sleeps all the time!

He/She did surprise us once, instead of meowing it sounds like a bark! And the only playing the cat has done has been FETCH with a twist tie for a garbage bag. I think what we have is a CONFUSED cat :D

Dave

i like cats. there was always a cat around when i was growing up. i'd like to get a cat, but she doesnt like them. she considers them pests, like raccoons and squirrels.

simplyred

My ex didn't like them either. I haven't had one in quite awhile. It is taking a bit of getting used to having an animal in the house again. But cats are easy to care for.

Inkara1

Easy to care for... most of the time. Vet bills can get expensive on occasion... but I'm lucky; Jordan likes to nibble on his dry food little by little. I just make sure he's got some food in the bowl from time to time, make sure he's got water, and tend to the litter box... and help feed his addiction to attention.

MrBishop

BeardofPants said:
That is so a boy. Either that or a manly looking girl cat. :lol: What a cutie. I'm so envious, wish I could have a cat. :mope:

Give me a PO Box # and full address and I can get 4 of 'em to you in a few short days.

They'll be hungry, but happy to see you :)

MrBishop

Social allergies ... MrsBish is sick of' em. Too much cat-hair, too many hairballs, too many eaten plants and upset plates. She's had enough.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
MrBishop said:
Social allergies ... MrsBish is sick of' em. Too much cat-hair, too many hairballs, too many eaten plants and upset plates. She's had enough.

Not because of the asthma? Just the inconvenience? Wow.

MrBishop

The asthma thing doesn't cut it...not since Bishjr. got his allergy tests back and they basically said...No problems, mon!

I have one cat who throws up all over the house. One who pees on things.

We don't know which one is which. She's fed up. It's not a unilateral decision. I just don't want them to end up in a cage at the SPCA for the next few months until either someone adopts them (rare in the case of older cats) or they die of loneliness. There's a no-kill policy at the local SPCA...so they're stuck there until one or the other happens.

I'd rather have them put down than put some cats that I've had for between 5-8years suffer. Nobody's coming forward to adopt them.

Life sucks, eh?

simplyred

Oh damn...See in our case we wanted an adult cat. It was the only way we could convince the land lord to let us get him/her. (Because it would stay inside all the time not letting neighbors see and was already liter box trained). Did you try standing outside the local Walmart with them or something. I personally have struck victim to adopting a cat when I had no business doing so because I felt sorry for the situation of the animal and they were so lovey!

MrBishop

simplyred said:
Oh damn...See in our case we wanted an adult cat.
We came close to adoption with one cat, the oldest (Bishop). A family that wanted an old cat (they didn't want a long commitment) that was good with kids. We don't know how old Bishop is because he's a rescued cat, but he's got to be at least 10-12...and he's a furry pillow for my kids. Loves everyone, even Prof. :)