The worlds greatest commercial, ever. ever.

Aunty Em

Jeslek said:
Gato_Solo said:
After the movie 'Stiletto Ghetto' went off, there was an intersting commercial for Marmite. Seems a man had just rescued another man from drowning, and was giving him mouth-to-mouth, when the 'victim' grabbed him by the back of the head and wouldn't let go. The final line was...Marmite. You love it, or you hate it...
lmao

Apparently there were lots of complaints about that advert over here... something about promoting gay sex!? :shrug:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
It was on BBC here in Saudi. Guess that means the Saudi's are more open than one can imagine...not...

Aunty Em

It's a cultural difference, they don't see the same sex kissing each other on the lips or holding hands as odd, or indicative of sexual preference like the more reserved less touchy, feelie brits.

When I lived in Gibralter I used to kiss my spanish friends all the time and it was perfectly normal for a whole group of us to walk down the road with our arms around each other or holding hands. It was pretty much the same in Germany. I would NEVER have dreamt of doing that here. :eek:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Aunty Em said:
When I lived in Gibralter I used to kiss my spanish friends all the time and it was perfectly normal for a whole group of us to walk down the road with our arms around each other or holding hands.

Same here, but kisses are on the cheek, and holding hands is only with the oposite sex.

Aunty Em

Arab society segregates men and women though doesn't it? When I lived in Gibralter I went to a predominantly spanish all girl school, there was only one co-ed and most of the english students went there. You have to remember this was 30+ years ago.