The worlds greatest commercial, ever. ever.

HubbaHubba

http://home.attbi.com/~bernhard36/honda-ad.html

i just watch this repeatedly, no lies

AND WHAT SONG IS THAT?!?!

5monthes to make. 1 take, works perfect.

Inkara1

seal.gif

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
btw, the end of the song sounds like "another ones bites the dust".

Aunty Em

The new one for the Honda Accord on British TV - when things just work... apparently it took several hundreds takes to get it - yes they really did it!

... here's a link if you've never seen it where you can watch it - you'll have to scroll down the page.

honda accord

Squiggy

ThunderDick
PBS had a half hour program (maybe longer) called 'How things work'. It was just a continuous chain reaction like that. Probably set up by the same person(s).

Aunty Em

This is what the site says...

Honda Accord - When things just work (The cog)

Original Transmission Date : April 2003
Why I like this advert : This advert is obviously been created after someone has seen the 1987 film The way things go (Der Lauf der Dinge) which was created by two artists by the names of Peter Fischli and David Weiss.
If you can imagine this Honda advert lasting for 30 mins then that is what what the film is like! If you like this advert then you will love the film.
I recently bought the film on DVD, well worth watching.
I hope that this advert will help to introduce people to the film by Peter and David as this has clearly been copied in this advert.

Aunty Em

You can download them to watch them... it's quite fun. :D

I pretty much like the Dunlop - tested for the unexpected and the budweiser - native american ads too.

chcr

Too cute for words
Aunty Em said:
I pretty much like the Dunlop - tested for the unexpected and the budweiser - native american ads too.
I liked the Dunlop one too. I've been across that bridge a thousand times. It's halfway through one of my favorite motorcycle roads.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
After the movie 'Stiletto Ghetto' went off, there was an intersting commercial for Marmite. Seems a man had just rescued another man from drowning, and was giving him mouth-to-mouth, when the 'victim' grabbed him by the back of the head and wouldn't let go. The final line was...Marmite. You love it, or you hate it...

Dave

Luis G said:
btw, the end of the song sounds like "another ones bites the dust".

the song was an early rap song. cant think of the name right now. they sampled queen on it. damn....whats the name of that song....can hear the lyrics....arrrrggghhhh....:grumpy: i say hip hop hippty hip hop....grandmaster flash i think....grrrrrr.....

Jeslek

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
After the movie 'Stiletto Ghetto' went off, there was an intersting commercial for Marmite. Seems a man had just rescued another man from drowning, and was giving him mouth-to-mouth, when the 'victim' grabbed him by the back of the head and wouldn't let go. The final line was...Marmite. You love it, or you hate it...
lmao