the official christmas blows thread

Professur

*chuckle* I did fake a roof sceen once for a neighbour. Went up on his roof, stomped around a bit, knocked off some snow, rang a few bells. (he was absolutely not pleased with the reindeer poo, but the kids went apeshit). The little bit of red funfur caught on the chimney cap was the piece-de-resistance.

tonksy

Professur said:
*chuckle* I did fake a roof sceen once for a neighbour. Went up on his roof, stomped around a bit, knocked off some snow, rang a few bells. (he was absolutely not pleased with the reindeer poo, but the kids went apeshit). The little bit of red funfur caught on the chimney cap was the piece-de-resistance.
cool beans! that would be so awesome!
*contemplates the moron who'd go up on this roof.

ris

since that christmas we've had last years where the car broke down on boxing day and left us stranded at home until the 2nd with little more that cold cuts and a repair bill to keep us warm.

as a result i look forward to this years offering of yule-tide crap with barely disguised distain.

ris

les, we at least have a hose with proper heating now, and some of that fancy posh double glazing too. i really don't miss that flat in cardiff with its huge single areas of single victorian glass that piss heat.

Inkara1

ris said:
we at least have a hose with proper heating now
Yeah, hot water is definitely important. We Yanks usually have 30- to 50-gallon heated tanks to warm the water before it gets to the hose, instead of heating the hose... but hey, whatever works for you. :D

Raven

Annoying SOB
Inkara1 said:
Yeah, hot water is definitely important. We Yanks usually have 30- to 50-gallon heated tanks to warm the water before it gets to the hose, instead of heating the hose... but hey, whatever works for you. :D
:tomato:

abooja

They're already playing Christmas music in all the shops. It makes me want to disembowel someone when it happens. :banghead:

No, not a big fan of this time of year. Depression, anxiety, light wallet and all that. Not to mention, I'm an atheist.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
abooja said:
They're already playing Christmas music in all the shops. It makes me want to disembowel someone when it happens. :banghead:

No, not a big fan of this time of year. Depression, anxiety, light wallet and all that. Not to mention, I'm an atheist.

Does that mean I won't be getting a gift from you? :D :lol: :rofl: :rofl4:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Marketing year:

From january to february 15th, Valentines
from february to april, spring is comming
april kid's day
may mother's day
june to july father's day
july-august summer vacations
august-september new semester in school
september-october halloween
november-december christmas

Stop Laughing

Half of my job is based on that schedule... which is probably less than most full year retail schedules, honestly. The timing of some departments' resets isn't really time sensitive, like cleaners, grocery, dental, vitamins, pain/sleep, baby needs, etc. The biggest single reset in the store actually begins the day after one of those holidays, and I don't do it. Anyone wanna guess the department and holiday?

tonksy

I am so not Christmas-y this year. We have a tree up and some lights but that's it. I ain't baked shit....but at least the majority of my shopping is done!

TexasRaceLady

I've been burned out on Christmas since Nov. 1. Some of the big box stores have had some sort of Christmas chit out on display since September ! ! !

You might want to start watching the news --- I may start assualting those disgusting singing Santa thingys.

I wish for the good old days when the season didn't start until the day after our Thanksgiving in November.

A.B.Normal

I've been burned out on Christmas since Nov. 1. Some of the big box stores have had some sort of Christmas chit out on display since September ! ! !

You might want to start watching the news --- I may start assualting those disgusting singing Santa thingys.

I wish for the good old days when the season didn't start until the day after our Thanksgiving in November.
:laugh:

Try July