SUV=safety (Warning-dead deer pics)

Professur

How'd it manage to wreck the roof without touching the hood? Jump off the overpass behind the car, maybe?

Ardsgaine

The meat may be spolied from the impact. A friend of mine hit a deer in his dad's Nissan. We skinned it out, but the meat was so bruised up, it wasn't eatable. Pretty sad.

His Nissan wasn't beat up as bad as that Durango, and he said he was running about 60-65 mph. His deer was smaller, though, and it hit the bumper.

Dave

i saw a link to that a few weeks back. the story said the deer got spooked and jumped off an overpass.

that picture evokes mixed feelings.
i feel bad for the deer, yet i am happy there is one less SUV on the road....

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I was wondering how the deer managed several things but the pics are cool. Look at the center of the hood, it has toe-nail dragging marks. I think the deer meant to springboard over the Durango.

[b]

I hit a deer once. About two am in the morning, going about sixty. Pretty scary, the head whipped around and smashed in the drivers side fender, the other half took out most of the grill. Thank goodness old model BMW's have such wide front bumpers.

I had a math teacher in grade school who hit a deer in his brand new car. When he hit it the front half hit the grill and the back half swung around and smashed into the drivers side of the car impelling itself on the side view mirror which broke off inside the deer.

When he got out to see if it was dead it jumped up and ran off into the woods with the mirror still sticking out of it.