Rush Limbaugh the smackhead

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
nah rr even that wouldnt construe where sports headlines in general has headed for years.

rrfield

tonks said:
well, if he's on drugs why the hell is he so damn irritable?

You ever met a smackhead? They are assholes. You are thinking of potheads, very mellow and pleasant :)

rrfield

tonksy

rrfield said:
You ever met a smackhead? They are assholes. You are thinking of potheads, very mellow and pleasant :)

rrfield
right ...but i thought smackheads were skinny???? no wait...that's crackheads....

bobo

Rush on the redneck heroin warms my soul. I wonder if he can still maintain his deluded, santimonious hipporitical views while Bubba and Tiny at the federal pen are going to town on his ample backside.

ris

i'm sure everyone is disappointed he's decided to leave tv, now they can't check for tracks on his arms :D

chcr

Too cute for words
Just to show what an asshole I am, this is the first thing I thought of when I first saw this story on the news:

Gonz said:
Drugs are for the weak minded.

:shrug:

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Typical rich justice....Hes copped a plea to walk free and given the authorities all his supply contacts...what a fucking worm...

Squiggy

ThunderDick
By the way, chcr...Thats Gonz...Hes allowed to adjust his stand on things depending on the thread...:D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Drugs are for the weak minded. He's weak & pathetic. I'm terribly disappointed. Assuming he bought illegal, street sold drugs, which I don't. If he did, I hope they try & convict him.

However, he is a professional communicator & what he said does not construe anything other than prescription drugs. Time will tell.

I am addicted to prescription pain medication.

"I first started taking prescription painkillers some years ago when my doctor prescribed them...I chose to treat the pain with prescribed medication. This medication turned out to be highly addictive.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Um..Gonz...Just because a drug is made legitimately for prescription use doesn't make it legal to abuse it. Its still a controlled substance.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Which part didn't you understand? The part where I hope they try & convict him or the part that he's weak?

If they were legally obtained, thru a licensed pharmacy, using a valid medical doctors prescription, he's not guilty of shit. He's in pain & these helped. :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Full text, for reference

"You know I have always tried to be honest with you and open about my life. So I need to tell you today that part of what you have heard and read is correct. I am addicted to prescription pain medication.

"I first started taking prescription painkillers some years ago when my doctor prescribed them to treat post surgical pain following spinal surgery. Unfortunately, the surgery was unsuccessful and I continued to have severe pain in my lower back and also in my neck due to herniated discs. I am still experiencing that pain. Rather than opt for additional surgery for these conditions, I chose to treat the pain with prescribed medication. This medication turned out to be highly addictive.

"Over the past several years I have tried to break my dependence on pain pills and, in fact, twice checked myself into medical facilities in an attempt to do so. I have recently agreed with my physician about the next steps.

"Immediately following this broadcast, I am checking myself into a treatment center for the next 30 days to once and for all break the hold this highly addictive medication has on me. The show will continue during this time, of course, with an array of guest hosts you have come to know and respect.

"I am not making any excuses. You know, over the years athletes and celebrities have emerged from treatment centers to great fanfare and praise for conquering great demons. They are said to be great role models and examples for others. Well, I am no role model. I refuse to let anyone think I am doing something great here, when there are people you never hear about, who face long odds and never resort to such escapes. They are the role models. I am no victim and do not portray myself as such. I take full responsibility for my problem.

"At the present time, the authorities are conducting an investigation, and I have been asked to limit my public comments until this investigation is complete. So I will only say that the stories you have read and heard contain inaccuracies and distortions, which I will clear up when I am free to speak about them.

"I deeply appreciate all your support over this last tumultuous week. It has sustained me. I ask now for your prayers. I look forward to resuming our excursion into broadcast excellence together."

For audio/video clip(s) of Rush Limbaugh's on-air statement, please go to www.rushlimbaugh.com and/or www.premieretalk.com.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Interestingly, that statement was made AFTER he struck a deal to walk free in exchange for the names of his suppliers.....