ring tones

tonksy

guess what i discovered? through my phone i can get on the intronet and download me some nifty ringtones and charge it to my cell phone bill. this may be a dangerous discovery but i got me the cantina song from the bar in mos eisley as my ring tone! :nerd:

what's your ring tone?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
tonksy said:
guess what i discovered? through my phone i can get on the intronet and download me some nifty ringtones and charge it to my cell phone bill. this may be a dangerous discovery but i got me the cantina song from the bar in mos eisley as my ring tone! :nerd:

what's your ring tone?

get the usb cable, get the song's midi and upload it ;)

kuulani

for my family caller group: OverAndOver (Nelly)
for my hula caller group: Beautiful (Christina)
for my friends caller group: Minority (Green Day)
for my business caller group: AmericanIdiot (Green Day)
for certain friends: CruellaDeville (Disney)

Luis G

Staff member
tonksy said:
whatchu talkin' 'bout, willis?

Most phones (modern ones) can be connected to the puter to upload tones, backup agenda or upgrade firmware, the software is downloadable at the site or supplied with the phone, and sometimes you can get it somewhere else. ;)

The problem is getting the cable, some use the standard mini usb interface, but others use a propietary cable.

What's your phone brand/model ?

tonksy

Luis G said:
Most phones (modern ones) can be connected to the puter to upload tones, backup agenda or upgrade firmware, the software is downloadable at the site or supplied with the phone, and sometimes you can get it somewhere else. ;)

The problem is getting the cable, some use the standard mini usb interface, but others use a propietary cable.

What's your phone brand/model ?
um...cheapo nokia. :D

Luis G

Staff member
Another thing, some phones accept midi files, others need to have them converted to a propietary format, the programs to do such thing should be supplied with the cable, but they might as well just sell the cable and leave the problem of getting the software to you.

Dave

ohh..they have stuff for my new motorola. cool. thanks Luis.

tonksy said:
guess what i discovered? through my phone i can get on the intronet and download me some nifty ringtones and charge it to my cell phone bill. this may be a dangerous discovery but i got me the cantina song from the bar in mos eisley as my ring tone!
i discovered that on mine too. havent dl'd any ringtones, but i did dl 2 games. chess and poker.

i'm just using one of the preloaded ringtones right now. i'll probably change that soon though. lots of tunes to pick from.

Luis G

Staff member
Spot said:
ohh..they have stuff for my new motorola. cool. thanks Luis.

My sis' motorola uses a plain mini USB to USB cable (and the phone came with a CD with all the software you need), you might want to check that out.

Mirlyn

Vibrate only. Haven't found a ringtone I like, and Sprint doesn't really make it cheap/easy to do it anyay.

FluerVanderloo

I just realized I could do that when I went to upgrade on Valentine's Day. Right now it's 'Wonderwall' by Oasis, but I've also downloaded Travis, Charlie Daniels, The Beatles, Modest Mouse, and Dave Matthews.