Official moderator nominator

Q

Careful with that teeth smilie. You don't want to find out what the report is the hard way. ;)

Q

Perhaps in the privacy of a moderators forum I may be persuaded to divulge that. :cool:

sbcanada

We don't allow old lady gossipers in the mod forum, if we had one. Sorry *Q*. You'll have to take your WRINKLY OLD ASS to the Lunatic Lounge, where you belong. :mad: :mad2: :D

G

I have a suggestion on how to do the election. Have one thread specifically for each forum. Set a time limit how long the voting will last. Allow each person to vote only once.

Example: Who do you want as moderator of The Real World forum?

option1: canadate A
option2: canadate B
option3: canadate C
option4: canadate D

The person with the most votes in the poll gets to be the mod of The Real World forum.

Next start a thread for the other two forums one at a time until we have run 3 seperate elections for each of the forums.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
No offense s4, but I'm not too fond of that.

What if I didn't want to moderate the first forum a vote was taken in? Should I pass on that chance, and hope that the one I am interested in works out? Other candidates will be thinking the same thing.
Perhaps they would just try for every forum to better their chances of becoming a mod, and then swap and trade to sort things out later... but how would that be any different than just electing them as a group and letting them decide how to assign forums?

Besides, it still has the "one position, one vote" method that, IMO, is just not that great of a way to do it.

(BTW, yes, I think our popular vote for Presidential elections is completely screwed, and we should redo the system ;))

G

It would be an uncomplicated way of doing it though. What if you elect two mods that want to fight over the same forum? I think if someone isn't interested in being a mod of that forum then they shouldn't try for it. There can be only one winner so why elect several people at once?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Originally posted by s4
I have a suggestion on how to do the election. Have one thread specifically for each forum. Set a time limit how long the voting will last. Allow each person to vote only once.

Example: Who do you want as moderator of The Real World forum?

option1: canadate A
option2: canadate B
option3: canadate C
option4: canadate D

The person with the most votes in the poll gets to be the mod of The Real World forum.

Next start a thread for the other two forums one at a time until we have run 3 seperate elections for each of the forums.

I agree, I think it is simple to administrate and fair.