Name Him!!!

What should we name the cat? Character description and picture below.

• Bogart

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coltrane

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Winston

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other. Enter your own suggestion

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slim Pickens

We went ahead and stayed with Torme for the tabby, since we couldn't get Peanut to call her anything else. We named the little female Sophie...will try to get Red to post some pics

simplyred

Ohhhh Myyyyy....The cat has disappeared! Gone....nowhere to be found. I am at a loss. He must have slipped out on me??? I have checked every corner of the house to see if maybe he is sick or something, but I can not find him. Sophie (little female kitty) is meowing her head off since his disappearance. While I am sad that he is gone, and I miss him so much, I have no idea how I am going to tell Slim. Torme had really become his cat, and Slim is out of town for the next two weeks. ARRGH!

Starya

Slipped out? Was he normally kept indoor at all times? How long has he been gone for?

I'm used to cats going on weekly vacations now and then, although 2-3 days was usually the longest they'd stay away from that bowl of food.

simplyred

If he checks in here on trips, I think you just told him.

No, he will not be checking in

Slipped out? Was he normally kept indoor at all times? How long has he been gone for?

I'm used to cats going on weekly vacations now and then, although 2-3 days was usually the longest they'd stay away from that bowl of food.

He was kept indoors by us. I don't know about his previous owners. He wandered up to us. I am thinking he possibly went to find a new home. I have just been worried because it has been so cold and rainy here. I haven't seen him since last weekend.

Is he an unfixed male? I've known them to be gone as much as a week.

The cat is a FIXED Male. Slim is an UNFIXED Male :)lol:)

simplyred

I just realized I never came back to this. 3 days after Slim returned from his trip Torme showed up howling at the back door. He later became an inside/outside cat, and was much happier with this situation.

To update, Slim and I have moved into the home he originally wandered up to. He seemed very happy to be here. He lovingly kept Slim company on Slims nightly venture outside for a book and cigar, he claimed his favorite outdoor chair where he could always be found, and protected sweet Sophie from any other cats trying to bully her. My brother came to town last weekend. Brother, Slim, and friends spent a good part of Sat night outside chatting, smoking, etc. Sometime around midnight Slim returned Torme to his comfy chair as he always did before heading in for the night. The next morning Torme was found in the neighbors yard without a mark to be found on him, but most definitely dead.

We buried him in the back yard flower bed where all other loved animals in this family have been buried for the last 28 years. We planted bulbs around him so that every spring Payton and Slim can go smile at the "Big Dog". It's been pretty hard, and we all miss him so much. It is harder for Slim and Payton.

Ironically enough, tonight a large gray tabby wandered up to Slim. He is beautiful!!! Gray Tabby with ORANGE mottles and white feet. We are leaving him alone right now because he must belong to someone as he is declawed on all four. Let you know how it progresses.

Thanks for helping us name the guy!

Red and Slim