Name Him!!!

What should we name the cat? Character description and picture below.

• Bogart

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coltrane

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Winston

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other. Enter your own suggestion

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

unclehobart

Tonks: "we are waiting on the arrival of our new kitty witty who was found by one of Rob's old band members in the parking lot of a gig last night. Little fluffy tuxedo female that we are going to call Silmaril or "Sillie" for short! :D "

A.B.Normal

unclehobart said:
Tonks: "we are waiting on the arrival of our new kitty witty who was found by one of Rob's old band members in the parking lot of a gig last night. Little fluffy tuxedo female that we are going to call Silmaril or "Sillie" for short! :D "

*Imagines the response of the neighbours to "here silly"
smilie046.gif

Professur

I hear they taste like chicken.

If your alergies are that bad, how are you gonna take staying at Tonks' for the BBQ?

simplyred

??? I may be sleeping in the car.

I didn't realize that my allergies were this bad when we planned this trip, nor that there were so many indoor cats.

simplyred

Well, my little girl has named the kitty...Torme. It was a name we threw around awhile back and it stuck with her. And since it is her cat....

I am going through the whirl wind with stuff for the allergies. I don't understand it seeing as how I have been a cat owner in the past. I guess age does something to ya. But, the next step is to the ENT's office for the dreaded allergy tests and begin rounds of allergy shots. Ahhhhh what you won't do for your children.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
simplyred said:
Well, my little girl has named the kitty...Torme. It was a name we threw around awhile back and it stuck with her. And since it is her cat....

I am going through the whirl wind with stuff for the allergies. I don't understand it seeing as how I have been a cat owner in the past. I guess age does something to ya. But, the next step is to the ENT's office for the dreaded allergy tests and begin rounds of allergy shots. Ahhhhh what you won't do for your children.

Maybe it's something else causing them and not the cat? Lotsa stuff is beginning to grow this time of year yes? Could it be some sort of seasonal allergy?

Professur

I've been popping Chlor-Tripolon for years, and it's always done the trick for me. A lot of people complain that they're the worst for causing drowsiness (the missus starts yawning just looking at the box) but they've never bothered me that way. Same thing sells in the US as Chlor-Trimeton.

simplyred

Nixy said:
Maybe it's something else causing them and not the cat? Lotsa stuff is beginning to grow this time of year yes? Could it be some sort of seasonal allergy?

Well considering my symptoms would start to clear about an hour after leaving the house and return with in an hour of returning home I doubt it has been seasonal. I may have found a magic cure. I take Allegra-D in the morning, Allegra (no D) at night, and spray once a day with Nasacourt (sp?). We also found these wipes for cats. It's kinda like a BIG baby wipe, and the purpose is to give the cat a bath with out water. There is one made for shedding and allergies. That and lots of brushing seems to have made a world of difference. I still sneeze in the mornings, but none of the chest tightening, red eyes and coughing my head off.

A.B.Normal

simplyred said:
Well considering my symptoms would start to clear about an hour after leaving the house and return with in an hour of returning home I doubt it has been seasonal. I may have found a magic cure. I take Allegra-D in the morning, Allegra (no D) at night, and spray once a day with Nasacourt (sp?). We also found these wipes for cats. It's kinda like a BIG baby wipe, and the purpose is to give the cat a bath with out water. There is one made for shedding and allergies. That and lots of brushing seems to have made a world of difference. I still sneeze in the mornings, but none of the chest tightening, red eyes and coughing my head off.

you are a true animal lover my dear :hug:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
A.B.Normal said:
you are a true animal lover my dear :hug:

Not necessarily...she is an AMAZING mom though, that's for DAMN sure. She has yet to tell us if she'd still have the cat if it wasn't for her daughter being so attached to him. :p

simplyred

Nixy said:
Not necessarily...she is an AMAZING mom though, that's for DAMN sure. She has yet to tell us if she'd still have the cat if it wasn't for her daughter being so attached to him. :p

Thank you...both of you. I would like to believe I am both :D I am fond of the cat, AND I couldn't break Peanut and Slim's heart by getting rid of him.

I am glad we found this allergy coctail. I am enjoying outside much more, and I don't even sneeze when I dust or vaccume. It is working so well, in fact, that when we were out shopping yesterday I let Slim and P fall in love with a kitten. Yes we have 2 cats now! I was ganged up on I tell ya! Slim reasoned with me that Torme would be so much happier with a companion, and P looked adorable holding this sweet little ball of fuzz as she said the word "excited" for the first time. *sigh* What the hey...they're only pills.

simplyred

Gato_Solo said:
Try Flonase. Works wonders for me...

OMG I love Flonase! Used it for years, but it just wasn't cutting it with the kitty allergies. The Allegra and Nasocourt (sp?) are working wonderful! I don't even notice that there is another cat in the house. (except that we are having trouble getting her litter box trained).