Name a movie that you've seen, that you wish that others would see but ...

Rose

I loved French Kiss, Bish! :D
And A Fish Called Wanda is definately a mustsee.

One of my personal faves is The Outsiders - also a great book.

Dave

"the professional" starring jean reno and a very young natalie portman.
i'm pretty sure most here have seen it, but whenever i mention it to people, i am met with blank stares..

Rose

I've not seen it, Spot. But I'll try and remember to add it to my Netflix list.

I'd also recommend Snatch with Brad Pitt, even though it's a newer movie. It's still pretty kickass. Another one would be the excellent Shawshank Redemption with Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman. Those two make quite an onscreen pair. The movie is based on a Stephen King shortstory (i've not been able to read it, yet).

tonksy

Rose said:
I've not seen it, Spot. But I'll try and remember to add it to my Netflix list.

I'd also recommend Snatch with Brad Pitt, even though it's a newer movie. It's still pretty kickass. Another one would be the excellent Shawshank Redemption with Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman. Those two make quite an onscreen pair. The movie is based on a Stephen King shortstory (i've not been able to read it, yet).
rose, the book is good. 4 stories...named something about seasons....also has stand by me, some nazi story, and.......i forget...but it's definitely a good read.

Mare

Spot said:
i'm pretty sure most here have seen it, but whenever i mention it to people, i am met with blank stares..

YES, that was a really good movie Spot.....

Ms Ann Thrope

This one's pretty old (1973!), but one of my favorites: The Day of the Jackal, directed by Fred Zinnemann and based on a novel by Frederick Forsyth. It's the story of how a professional assassin codenamed "Jackal" plots to kill Charles de Gualle, the President of France. Remade in 1997 and called The Jackal -- STEER CLEAR OF THIS ONE! It's utter garbage. :disgust:

whoreable

tonks said:
oh! i forgot to extoll the virtues of WET, HOT, AMERICAN SUMMER. god, this movie is funny. i don't know why it's not more well known, i never heard about it until it came on the premium channels, but it is definitely on my favorites list.

I want the dvd just for the added fart track.

Also

Martin and Orloff - this movie is so hard to see that I cant even see it, but I still know it is probaly the best fucking movie ever.
run ronnie run - sure is sucks compared to mr show, but thats probaly only cause mr show rocks so hard
Sholin Soccer - bad-fucking-ass
Story of Ricky - classic 80s movie
Battle Royale - a fun family film

I have decided that I pretty much fucking hate anime.

tonksy

anyone seen the kentucky fried movie? zorro the gay blade.
and and i forgot to add:
MEL BROOKS IS A FUCKING GENIUS!

Gotnolegs

Spot said:

In the UK it was released as "Leon", a wonderful film...

freako104

Another flick "French Kiss" - didn't sell out well at the theaters, but funny as hell...bring your colostomy bag...you'll pee yourself

maybe not but i loved it. i thought it was a great romance movie and had some cool shots of France. My french class when I was in HS watched it for kicks when the semester and year was pretty much over.

Sleepless in Seattle is kind of old but again i thought it was a fantastic love story.

The burbs was hilarious same with big.

the breakfast club isnt too well known to some people ive met but damn its such a good movie

tonksy

when harry met sally is a great movie. great parallel for realationships...cept i'm more like harry than sally...cept for when it comes to ordering food at restaurants.

tonksy

new question. what's your favorite disney movie?
lion king, aladdin, and aristocats are mine i guess. lion king is getting a little overplayed these days at my house, though.