Love the choose your own OTC Logo

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
no, i asked already as well...he wouldn't do it just for me.

maybe you're a bit more succesfull, being charming and stuff :D

practical problem would be: who gets the ram? :shrug:

Scanty

It's still a competition to see who did the best logo. The person who wins will be the person who most people vote for and I think that's a pretty great achievement in itself. And their logo will be used by the majority of people anyway.

It's just that some people really aren't going to want to have the one that wins, which ever one it is... And it seems that this dropbar/logo-option works fine, so why not have it?
That way you're making everyone happy, and we're still having a valid competition. I can't see a downside.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
mhhh....good point. wouldn't have to worry about who'd get the ram...

part of the contest was the honor of having your winning logo on otc...that would be a bit lost then..

personally i prefer to keep the box, but if it doesn't, then so be it. either way is fine with me :)

Scanty

like I said...a lot of people would use the winning logo since a lot of people would've voted for it. Question is, would the winning person prefer to have absolutely everyone using their logo, or would they be okay with people having a choice.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting question. :hmm:

The purpose of the contest was to produce a main logo to represent OTC. The logo with the most votes in the final voting period will be that main logo. If there's a tie for first place, the tiees will be given a chance to revise their logo (not make a NEW one, but just revise their current one) and the vote will be rerun between them. I suppose there's nothing that says we can't ask the 4 finalists to have their logos as options as well. I did say by submitting a logo you give us permission to use it.

Well, we have 6 whole days to discuss it anyhow.

Scanty

I know the purpose of the competition was to have a single logo for otc....but I'm suggesting something that would be much nicer, and only doesn't sound so nice because of the fact that the competition has been already run with a slightly different purpose.
But that shouldn't matter, because it's still a competition. It still means that everyone votes on which they think is the best, and the winner takes the spoils.
Adding the choice option would simply mean a more contented group o' posters.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I think I may do that. With the winning logo being the default and then the four runners up having the other styles.