It's a girl!

MitchSchaft

It's been a long week. About 2:30am Monday morning the 18th, the wife said she wants to get to the hospital because her contractions were close and she's in a lot of pain. Not to mention she's a week past her due date. We get to the hospital, they check her out and go ahead and check us into a room and start to induce labor. This is at about 5am. They had plans to induce this Friday, but she was already in pre-labor so they went ahead and started it. I haven't slept yet at the time . We were having problems with the baby's heart rate dropping for no reason. It happened once and they were able to shake the baby around and get the heart rate back to normal (around 140bpm). This last time it dropped all the way down to between 35-40 bpm and they were unable to get it back up. So we've had our first scary moment as parents(almost parents at the time). So they had to rush her into the OR for an emergency c-section. It scared the shit outta me, too. Didn't know what was going to happen. I thought it might take forever, but less than 10 minutes later a nurse came back and said, "You wanna see your brand new, healthy baby girl?" . Boy, I was so releaved.
None the less, everything is fine. Baby Leah is 6lbs 12oz, 19" long, cute as can be.

Attachment(s):

dscf0008.jpg, 170.70kb

24_1038088638.jpg

dscf0010.jpg, 117.50kb

24_1038088661.jpg

dscf0014.jpg, 125.10kb

24_1038088685.jpg

Scanty

Mitch, she's gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. I really mean it, look at that! Oh my god... Congratulations, mate. :)

fi

Aaawwww....!

*snif* she's GORGEOUS!

And the spitting image of you, by the looks of it!

Congratulations Daddy! :D :D :D :cocktail:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Get on MSN boy and tell me all about it so I can hear about it and code at the same time :headbang:

whoreable

you shoulda asked me for name suggestions. i coulda helped your kid grow up to be the coolest kid in school.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Welcome to the no-life club. Take care of her & she'll repay you with nasty words, idiot boyfriends & palms out for cash. Then, after all that, she'll screw with your head by saying Daddy, I love you.

Congratulations. Good Luck.

HomeLAN

Well done to all.

I notice you've already got the copy of "Goodnight Moon". Pretty soon, you'll be reciting that one in your sleep (whatever amount of it you can eek out).

Congrats!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Mitch, she's beautiful!!!! :love:

that's wonderful...Congratulations to both of you!!