Garbage night pays off - HP Omni 2100

MrBishop

Gato_Solo said:
YOOHOO. Do I have to stand on my ear, or something? :lloyd:
Nah... thanks for the work. I found a way to use a different mail-to than bill-to address for my eBay. I found 27 copies of teh OEM AC adaptor on eBay ranging from $1.00 to $14 plus about $6 S&H

I also found a nice CD rom for the lappy :) $22.00 incl S&H :D

Sometimes I love eBAY :)

MrBishop

Well...I have the AC adapter and a CD rom for it now...works well, although the idiot who threw it out left everything on it...including excel spreadsheets with expences, billing inquiries, timestamps, personal email etc etc...

I swear that people are so stupid sometimes. How much trouble is it to erase your personal files? Frig...put it through fdisk or something!

If I was less of a nice guy, I could've fucked this guy financially. He even had his credit card info on one invoice paid!!

:alienhuh:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
MrBishop said:
Well...I have the AC adapter and a CD rom for it now...works well, although the idiot who threw it out left everything on it...including excel spreadsheets with expences, billing inquiries, timestamps, personal email etc etc...

I swear that people are so stupid sometimes. How much trouble is it to erase your personal files? Frig...put it through fdisk or something!

I was less of a nice guy, I fucked this guy financially. He even had his credit card info on one invoice paid!!

:alienhuh:

And now you do, too. :evilgrin:

chcr

Too cute for words
Erm, Bish? You understand that fdisk actually erases absolutely nothing on the drive, right?

catocom

A life-long family friend runs a mission (homeless shelter).
He's coming today, or tomorrow to get what I've got.
It's about 2 tractor-trailer loads.
I'll probably have half again that much ready in about another month too.

MrBishop

chcr said:
Erm, Bish? You understand that fdisk actually erases absolutely nothing on the drive, right?
The way you do it perhaps, but every time I've tried it...all my shit dissapears into an incomprehensible pile of 1's and 0's ;)

Which is usually why I lean on Prof when I have comp issues...there are a few things that I can do on my own, but he's the pro.

MrBishop

catocom said:
A life-long family friend runs a mission (homeless shelter).
He's coming today, or tomorrow to get what I've got.
It's about 2 tractor-trailer loads.
I'll probably have half again that much ready in about another month too.
Kudos to you for thinking of others. It's more difficult than hauling the stuff to the corner and lettin' the trashman have at it, but worth it.
There's a few local places that take old compis to revamp and give away to schools and libraries. They get my spare bits.

catocom

yeah, I just don't see giving to charities that go overseas and stuff when
there's people in my own town "living under the bridge", so to speak.

chcr

Too cute for words
MrBishop said:
The way you do it perhaps, but every time I've tried it...all my shit dissapears into an incomprehensible pile of 1's and 0's ;)
I can recover every file that "was" on that drive in much less than an hour, I promise. Have you ever actually seen the 1s and 0s? ;)

All fdisk does is overwrite the file allocation table. In fact, when you reformat and reinstall all new stuff, it's still possible (although expensive and time consuming) to recover the files that used to be an the drive.

MrBishop

chcr said:
I can recover every file that "was" on that drive in much less than an hour, I promise. Have you ever actually seen the 1s and 0s? ;)

All fdisk does is overwrite the file allocation table. In fact, when you reformat and reinstall all new stuff, it's still possible (although expensive and time consuming) to recover the files that used to be an the drive.
Still possible for the average tech vs. still possible for the average layman are two entirely different things.

I was looking to clear some HD space on the lappi last night. Removing programs and files. When I got to the Netscape Messenger, there were all the emails. None erased. Found out why he threw out the lappi. Got himself fired. Threw out his whole home-office (all owned by the company).
Pretty damn stupid thing to do...but I'm not complaining :)

BeardofPants

It's not a fuckin' lappi GGGRRRAARRRRR. :grumpy: All together now : LAPTOP. Only girly-men say lappi. *mumblemumblemumble*
*sticks her undies on her head and starts talking to Ming the Merciless

MrBishop

BeardofPants said:
It's not a fuckin' lappi GGGRRRAARRRRR. :grumpy: All together now : LAPTOP. Only girly-men say lappi. *mumblemumblemumble*
*sticks her undies on her head and starts talking to Ming the Merciless
You say po-tay-to, I say root vegetable.
Girly-men? This from a woman who steals pants and wears her undies on her head?

I'll try to control myself.

Laptop, laptop, laptop...If I say it three times fast, I might convince myself that it's more than a piece of outdated crap which is next to worthless. :shrug:

Inkara1

DON'T BE A GIRLY-MAN!

schwarzenegger.jpg

MrBishop

hansnfranz.jpg

You're a girly man! walkin' around vit dat leetle laptop compuuuterr. Ve are reel men. Ve carry real compuuters to vork. HP Proliant server closets vit big handles for our big manly hands!

Ve are here to..
*clap*
PUMP YOU UP!!!