FiOS

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
4 years later

:::.. testmy.net (Phoenix) test results ..:::
Download Connection is:: 19655 Kbps about 19.66 Mbps (tested with 25600 kB)
Download Speed is:: 2399 kB/s
Upload Connection is:: 5127 Kbps about 5.1 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)
Upload Speed is:: 626 kB/s
Tested From:: http://testmy.net (Main)
Test Time:: 2010-04-17 21:40:15 GMT
D-Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-AUSJTEDB2
U-Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-ICZS8PKR9
User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; Windows-Media-Player/10.00.00.3990; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618) [!]

20/5 for forty something a month...the boy plays his games, I play mine & momma surfs & nobody notices any slowdown.
We also have a couple hundred TV channles & over 40 HD channels, with DVR, of course...all on the same line.
Plus our phone. Average cost for all 3 services, less than $55, each. (including 2 HD-DVR boxes & one standard)

ResearchMonkey

You suck! Die in a fire and leave me your FIOS connection.

Whats interesting is that years later you're still all giddy about it. (I'm jellis)

Winky

FiOS is for real men

I'm the guy that downloads tens of Gigs (illegally) a month
I love my speed.

speedkills.JPG

fury

Administrator
Staff member
My DSL looked about like RM's (figures it would, it's AT&T too). Switched to Comcast, $25 a month (of course for the first 6 months) and 20 Mbps down, 4 Mbps up. DOCSIS3 ftw. If I wanted to pay $85 for 6 months I could get 50 Mbps. [homer]then they jacked up the price![/homer]

Inkara1

I'd switch to cable internet except 1. I have a personal beef with Charter and 2. I don't want to drop DirecTV but would get charged extra for not having cable TV with cable internet.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Optimum Online Ultra Details
Optimum Online Ultra available only with a subscription to Optimum Online service. One time professional installation fee of $34.95 and $300 activation fee applies. Minimum system requirements apply. Due to configuration of available equipment, Static IP customers will experience speed performance limitations. Many factors affect speed. Actual speeds may vary and are not guaranteed. Other restrictions apply. Where available. Prices and terms subject to change without notice. ©CSC Holdings, Inc.

I'd look hard at the fine print

fury

Administrator
Staff member
In other words, they don't want you to actually use it, they just want you to know you could get up to 101mbps if you did. :wink2:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The horror. The drama. Whatever will I do?

My bundle package contract is up in July. So, I decided to look at the current deals.

For $25. more than our current contract, we could get the Ultimate HD package, whcih includes Showtime & TMC & about 30 channels more than we have now. It also upped th einternet speed to 35/35. We're a little tight (the boy is taking college courses to help his homechooled high school curriculum) so we had to go with the lesser bundle.

15 additional HD channels
unlimited N America telephone service
25/25 internet speed.

$10. more a month.
I'm now paying $125. a month for 3 major services.

GOD BLESS FiOS.

Winky

FiOS it kicks a llamas ass

35/35 the top tier speed that is available, right?

When do the change the provisioning? At that time
you can post a speedtest.net result so you can rub their
noses in our fat American couch surfing, beer swilling
gawd fearin’ gun totin’ Fiber to the House internet speeds!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
supposed to be Monday.

I think they do 50/50, or beter, but that's beyond bundle pricing.