Children - a blessing to have/not have

freako104

greenfreak said:
:laugh:

My brother in law's parents (who still call me Patrice after 12 years--everyone else calls me Tricia :rolleyes: ) told me that since I had the nurturing gene after being a Paramedic and because I like animals and plants, that I would make a good mother. Yea. Ok. Because that's all it takes; the nurturing gene. :lloyd:

Good mother, I dunno. Awesome Aunt? Yeah, that's definitely me. It helps when the kids live so close and I can see them all the time. I always want to be in their lives and when they get into their teens and want nothing to do with Rusty and I, then I'll have the younger ones. And by then we'll have a house and lots of animals and I'll be fine. :D

and all this time i thought your name was Trish ;) :hug: actually youd be suprised when theyre teens they may actually want to be close to you. some fams are like that.

greenfreak

Freako, my full name is Patricia but my family calls me Tricia, always has. Only friends and others call me Trish, but it's close enough.

I don't know where the hell they got "Patrice" from. It's, like, not even close! :laugh:

AlphaTroll

I grew up in a very full house - we're four children (I have two older sisters and a brother 8 years younger than me). We always had at least 3 pets, there were always children around - so the house was never empty. On those ocassions that there were no-one around it would just seem eerily quiet......like something was missing. I guess because my brother is so much younger than the rest of us adopting a sort of 'mothering' role became natural. Even now there are always young children (the kids in the neighbourhood) trapsing in & out of the house.

My sister has a 15 month old baby boy - he is absolutely gorgeous and I'll freely admit to spoiling him rotten. I don't mind cancelling plans with my friends to rather stay at home with him (yeah yeah, he has me wrapped around that little finger of his).

So, to answer your question Bish - yes I'd love to have children. Right now I'm not in a relationship & not looking for one either. I'm only in danger of falling pregnant from a vibrator since I don't do one night stands, but when the right man comes along I'd be happy to raise a family of my own.

Because of the family I grew up in, having children of my own just seems natural to me. I guess I'm lucky that my homelife wasn't disfunctional as I would think that would definitely influence my decision in this.

I do sometimes wonder if I'd make a good mother or not, but the way I see it is that no-one got a manual on parenting and you can only learn as you go along. At best I hope to be halfway as good as my mom is.

Right now I have a full life, I don't feel that anything is missing from it because I don't have a few anklesnappers of me own running around and there is a lot I'd still like to accomplish before I take that step. Obviously I cannot put an age limit to it, but I don't want to be too old when it does happen.

CydCharisse

I want to have kids...one day, but there's two reasons for me

1. I'm not ready
2. The time isn't right anyway...we don't have a stable life/income

Dave

i am another member of the childless ones.
i have never had any desire to have childern.
i dont dislike children and actually get very annoyed at people who suggest that that must be the case since i dont have any.
i just dont want any kids is all.

greenfreak

Spot said:
i dont dislike children and actually get very annoyed at people who suggest that that must be the case since i dont have any.

What's WRONG with you?! You must be an evil ogre! ;) :D

freako104

Spot said:

im in the same boat mate. but i havent had anyone ever infer that i dont like kids. i musta been lucky

MrBishop

Ogre? Nah...ogre's love kids...boiled, baked, broiled with garlic etc.. ;)

I always wanted to have children. I love playing with my god-daughters etc as well as my own little monster. This is how I see it.

Every moment that I'm away from him, I age terribly...whinkles seem deeper and my white hairs more prvalent.
Every moment that I'm with him, I get younger, my wrinkles become smiles lines and my hair is always messy.

ris

i'm broody and would love to have kids but the missus and i both know it wouldn't be a great idea just yet. hopefully not too long though.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
nice timing

AP said:
...is among 26.7 million women aged 15 to 44 who are childless, a record number, according to new Census Bureau data from a June 2002 survey. They represent nearly 44 percent of women in that age group.

The number of women 15 to 44 forgoing or putting off motherhood has grown nearly 10 percent since 1990, when roughly 24.3 million were in that class.

Direct comparisons before 1990 are not possible because the bureau didn't track women younger than 18 until then.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
ris said:
i'm broody and would love to have kids but the missus and i both know it wouldn't be a great idea just yet. hopefully not too long though.

do you NEVER listen to me and your godson's mother when we talk to you? :eek5:

Inkara1

Gonz via AP said:
...is among 26.7 million women aged 15 to 44 who are childless, a record number, according to new Census Bureau data from a June 2002 survey. They represent nearly 44 percent of women in that age group.

The number of women 15 to 44 forgoing or putting off motherhood has grown nearly 10 percent since 1990, when roughly 24.3 million were in that class.

Direct comparisons before 1990 are not possible because the bureau didn't track women younger than 18 until then.

What I'm wondering is why they loop in girls between 15 and 18, who really shouldn't be having kids yet anyway.

rrfield

No kids right now. My GF and I plan on it someday, just not now. She has to graduate college first, then we need to get married, then kids can happen.

My GF and I both come from fairly large families....I am one of 6 (soon to be 7). She is one of 5. We don't really want to have that many kids, proabbly 2-4 kids, but who knows what the future holds.

rrfield

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
What I'm wondering is why they loop in girls between 15 and 18, who really shouldn't be having kids yet anyway.

Desensitizing, normalizing...