Can a liberal and a conservative be friends?

ResearchMonkey

chcr said:
Sorry, I forgot the j/k per Leslie's sig. Your typo made me laugh coming as it did with the comment about wiccans. It was a joke. I didn't think I needed to point it out.
Touché' :D

No harm - No foul chcr,

I just found it intersting you went straight for the religous innuendo part of my post. Wiccan's, druids, satinist; they can all, be very nice people. I just prefer to keep a healthy distance from them in my personal life and children, its a choice that I make. Does that make me a bad person? Or just someone that is exercising my right of free choice?

My pursuit of happiness just does not include these people. Or is their inclusion in my life their right?

Thulsa Doom

I feel a song coming on...

I'd kinda like to be the President
so I can show you how your money's spent

Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends

I know you're working for the CIA
they wouldn't have you in the Maf-I-A

why cant we be friends
why cant we be friends...

chcr

Too cute for words
ResearchMonkey said:
Touché' :D

No harm - No foul chcr,

I just found it intersting you went straight for the religous innuendo part of my post. Wiccan's, druids, satinist; they can all, be very nice people. I just prefer to keep a healthy distance from them in my personal life and children, its a choice that I make. Does that make me a bad person? Or just someone that is exercising my right of free choice?

My pursuit of happiness just does not include these people. Or is their inclusion in my life their right?
:D

My point was and is that the way you choose your friends is your business, the way I choose mine is mine. What I guess I don't understand is why one is right and the other wrong. They're just different. As for reacting to the religious part, well it was the last thing I read. :shrug: There is no reason why you should or need to include them in your life, my only suggestion on that score is that you'll miss out on some good people.

Note that what makes me a bad person (well, at least not a better person) is my intolerance as you mentioned earlier. I'm not unaware of it but at this late stage I'm not so interested anymore in overcoming it.