Can a liberal and a conservative be friends?

markjs

Banned
I think so. Maybe in extreme cases no, but I have two repugnant.....repug....I mean republican friends. We don't talk politics much cuz it is a bone of contention but we have other common ground and we are all good people however whoever is misguided in whatever way.

ResearchMonkey

That would depend on how reasonable and tolerant the individuals are. Your Tshirt friend is a hypocrite.

My queer neighbor/babysitter get along just fine. He brings iMac over and leaches my broadband for stealing software and music.

Sometimes when I come home; the three 8x10 color glossy pictures of GWB stuck on the side of my fridge are turned around.

I ask him why? He says things like: "I'm a fag", "ABB" etc.

He can never muster anything other than the moveon.org 'werd of the day.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Sure....but why would we want a liberal friend? They are just too confused.

Winky

Liberals are all intrinsically evil

markjs said:
Can a liberal and a conservative be friends?

Not just no but Hell No!

Anyone who isn't all mixed up and doesn’t know WTF they believe, those who claim to be in the middle, those who try to hide behind the lame excuse Oh I'm a 'moderate"
(that means they know how bad being a commie-Lib is)
perhaps they are even worse than those self admittedly on the left
because they are flat out liars!

No a Total lefty and a Right-winger could never have a great friendship because they see the world from completely opposite directions.

Time for a coupla of my fav quotes:
"In any compromise between good and evil,
it is only evil that can profit."
------------------------
"We have no demands to present you, no bargains to strike, no compromise to reach. You have nothing to offer us. We do not need you."
-----------------------

You say po-ta-toe I say po-tah-toe.

Marky pick ONE subject and I will debate
you spank you like a Red-headed step child!

Winky

Liberals are all intrinsically evil

Narrow minded?

Yes the fact that I choose not to cavort with people
who are inherently evil makes me narrow minded.

(the Soviet Empire wasn’t evil, there is nothing wicked about the nations in the axis
of evil and anyone who wouldn’t gladly have more than half their income taxed away to support a welfare state is evil and selfish)

I am narrow-minded because I don't want to be known to aid and abet my enemy.
It's OK for a Libby to do whatever they feel at the moment.

We on the side of right have to adhere to a higher standard of conduct.

Next you'll tell me I discriminate, an emblematic Lefty singsong!
Yup If my palate 'discriminates' between sirloin, caviar and Bulls*** then there's something wrong with me Yuppers
You go Boy! You have that Libby playbook memorized.
Or does it have you mesmerized?

markjs

Banned
Winky you would do well to read the rules before you post. I consider your posts as a personal attack. It's plain ignorance to make a blanket statement that 50% of this country is evil. In any case it is indeed a personal attack and has been reported as such.

Winky

markjs said:
Winky you would do well to read the rules before you post. I conser your posts as a personal attack. It's plain ignorance to make a blanket statement that 50% of this country is evil. In any case it is indeed a personal attack and has been reported as such.

Now that's just downright silly lol

Oh I'm telling Mommy!

Yup Liberals ARE Flippin' EVIL
there want me to 'type' it again???

ResearchMonkey

markjs said:
Winky you would do well to read the rules before you post. I conser your posts as a personal attack. It's plain ignorance to make a blanket statement that 50% of this country is evil. In any case it is indeed a personal attack and has been reported as such.

That is sweet.

Can't tolerate an honest opposing opinion in a blanket statement. Go for judicial intervention and claim a violation against your personal rights.

You obviously have a perfect understanding of how liberalism truly 'werks.

markjs

Banned
No it's not silly it's called the rules. I play by them because I value this board and the people on it, Liberal, or Conservative. Beleieve me I'd like nothing better than to tell you exactly what I think of you, but that would be an illegal personal attack, so I won't. Therefore my only recourse is to report your abuse of the rules.

markjs

Banned
ResearchMonkey said:
That is sweet.

Can't tolerate an honest opposing opinion in a blanket statement. Go for judicial intervention and claim a violation against your personal rights.

You obviously have a perfect understanding of how liberalism truly 'werks.

You know why it's a violation of my rights? Because if I retaliate like I'd like to I'd be banned from the board. Thats a clear violation of my rights. What other recourse do I have?

At least I have the balls to be forthcoming about repporting the guy. At least I gave warning.

Winky

Latest Reputation Received
Thread Date Comment
Can a liberal and a con... 6/12/04 05:44pm It's just plain ignorant and wrong. Very few people are "evil" and misguided would be a better way to express his opinion

so Totalitarianism is merely 'mis-guided'

This makes my point.
Calling conservatives "jack booted goose stepping neo conservatives" isn't improper?

"jack booted goose stepping" is this a not to vague reference to Nazism?
Is there anyone on this board that wouldn't equate the Nazi's with evil?

Do I detect a tad of the olde double standard in operation here?

I assume the next step is the left’s old favorite, censorship?

By the way who is this masked man that is typing these things
in the user CP?

“That's a bit puerile ain't it?”

ResearchMonkey

markjs said:
Beleieve me I'd like nothing better than to tell you exactly what I think of you, but that would be an illegal personal attack, so I won't. Therefore my only recourse is to report your abuse of the rules.

He made no attack on you, he made a wide statement in reply to you not at you.

How is this statement any different . . .

markjs said:
but I have two repugnant.....repug....I mean republican friends

Should I be feeling that you intolerance of Republicans is directly focused on me?

Help me here, if is it as you say "Illegal" to make statements in broad spectrum. Should I be offended? Should I run off post haste and tattle too?

markjs

Banned
You'll note Jack booted goose stepping neo consrvative was followed by a :D to make it clear I am using the term jokingly. Furthermore the only time other than that that I used the term was against Gonz who evidently didn't see it as an attack. I am carful not to attack anyone personally and I have never called anyone "evil" you have.

ResearchMonkey

markjs said:
You know why it's a violation of my rights? Because if I retaliate like I'd like to I'd be banned from the board. Thats a clear violation of my rights. What other recourse do I have?

At least I have the balls to be forthcoming about repporting the guy. At least I gave warning.

LOL, what most people do is make a counter point.

Just because you are unable to muster a worthy debate with out calling people nazi's or other filthy names doesn't mean your rights have prayed upon.

I like it: you have balls for tattleing, not for being able to defend your ideals.

Winky

A liberal and a commie can be friends!

<retaliate like I'd like to>

C'Mon Buddy fire away my widdle feelings won't be
hurt after all this is just the internet!
It might provide some amusement this fine eve.

ResearchMonkey

markjs said:
You'll note Jack booted goose stepping neo consrvative was followed by a :D to make it clear I am using the term jokingly. Furthermore the only time other than that that I used the term was against Gonz who evidently didn't see it as an attack. I am carful not to attack anyone personally and I have never called anyone "evil" you have.

So I can spew as much hatred as I like as long I follow the statement with a :D .

I am sure that no matter how many :D 's I placed after calling you *insert any number of phrases here* You would still tattle on me.

Again, it the underhanded, hypocritical, "do as I say not as I do", lame-assed liberal type of excuse. :D