building a home

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
kuulani said:
Tell me about it!!

We're still waiting for the county to get off their asses and give us our building permit. We've been waiting since April.

There were some problems with the septic tank design or some "shit" like that ;) and we had to redraw the plans, blahblahblah.

We got the loan, we got the contractor, we got everything except that damn permit *gr*

Nice pun...septic tank...shit...:D :lloyd: :nerd: :devious:

Inkara1

OK, please clarify. I really hope that by "incentive" you mean a briefcase full of small, unmarked, consecutive-numbered bills and not, er, "favors."

Professur

kuulani said:
Tell me about it!!

We're still waiting for the county to get off their asses and give us our building permit. We've been waiting since April.

There were some problems with the septic tank design or some "shit" like that ;) and we had to redraw the plans, blahblahblah.

We got the loan, we got the contractor, we got everything except that damn permit *gr*

So what you're saying is that they won't let you build just any old shit hole.

kuulani

*update*

the hubby & i were just pre-approved for a loan ... now all we're waiting for is the slow-ass draftsman to finish drawing up our plans so we can bid them out to contractors :D

look at the date of that!! that was forever-and-a-day ago ... most would assume my house was built already!!

but, no. our contractor had a rough couple of years. first one parent dies, and shortly after another ... and since he's a friend of my husband, we didn't want to push him too hard to get started on our project.

it looks like he's ready to start though :D all i can say is ... FINALLY!

woodman19_99

Bummer, almost a year delay?? I can't wait 5 days for a package to arrive... I'd have completely lost it waiting for my house to be built!

kuulani

i started this post in 2004 ... and i'm finally in my house!!
we moved in over the weekend ... we still have minor stuff to move over and the old house to clean ... but we're in!!

it's been a lesson in patience but this is my dream house!! i love it!!

chcr

Too cute for words
we moved in over the weekend ... we still have minor stuff to move over and the old house to clean ... but we're in!!

Very cool.

TexasRaceLady

Fantastic. :clap: :dance:

I remember the feeling when we moved into our first custom-built house.

Enjoy.

greenfreak

Woo hoooo! Congratulations!:trippin::trippin::trippin:

I'm glad the wait is finally over. How do the kids like it? I must say, your kitchen is insanely cool and I LOVE the railings on the porch!! Excuuuuse me, the lanai. :D