Big Pig

Professur

What's really sad .... this should be a star moment in that kid's life .... and it's pissed away.

Sharky

What's really sad .... this should be a star moment in that kid's life .... and it's pissed away.
Taking 8 shots over a period of three hours to kill a domestic animal in a canned hunt and subsequently fabricating a fantastic story and images to relate the incident to the world is hardly a star moment.

tonksy

I didn't get that this was a canned hunt. I thought they shoot someones pet that had gotten loose :confused:

Sharky

Nixy said:
They were in a fenced in hunting facility from my understanding
Yup.

The monster hog gained worldwide acclaim after he was bagged by 11-year-old Jamison Stone, a Pickensville native, with a .50-caliber pistol on May 3 at the Lost Creek Plantation, LLC, a hunting preserve in Delta. The big boar was hunted inside a large, low-fence enclosure and fired upon 16 times by Stone, who struck the animal nearly a half-dozen times during the three-hour hunt.

Sharky

How'd the pig get in then? That doesn't sound like a runaway pig accidently shot to me.

The owner of the "hunting" preserve is refusing to comment on how the hog was purchased from its owners or who released it into the fenced area.

The "hunting" preserve opened in January of this year, so it's all starting to look like a publicity stunt orchestrated by the kid's father (to get him a part in the upcoming film "Hogzilla") with the cooperation of the owner of the "hunting" preserve.

pc_builder

If you go back and read the news articles. The original owners of the hog sold him with the understanding that he would be used for breeding and then "probably" be hunted. I don't think he was let into the hunting area by accident.