Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Frankness is easier

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • I'd do both at the same time.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrBishop

Baring the body is easy...it's a matter of seperating nudity from sexuality. I've managed to seperate the two. It's helped when I was using nude models for painting etc...far too easy a choice.

Baring the soul is difficult, not because I have anything to hide from my fellow man, but simply because in order you bare your soul, you have to understand the barriers that you've placed before it (even from yourself). There is a great deal of introspection needed before the sould can truly be bared to all. If you aren't prepared for it, those that desire to see the truth that is 'you', will harm you while tearing away at it's layers. The layers that you've grown fond of, that you call friends and confidants, the walls that you've built around all the ill things that have occured in your life. The dirt under your bed and the cobwebs in your closets.

Me thinks that it would either take weeks of introspection to prepare myself for such a baring, or months of rebuilding to recover from it if I wasn't ready for it. Talk to someone going through AA if you don't believe me. The words "I am _________, and I am an alcoholic" are the toughest that you'll ever have to say.

Puma

I'd much rather be physically probed than mentally probed. The body is a limited platform which can't do things your mind thinks up. Anything your body does can't be half as bad as your mind thinks.

Just imagine someone of the opposite sex examining your thoughts at the same time you examined their body, that would be hell.

Mare

Oz said:
*shrugs* Get me drunk enough and I'll prolly do both before the night is out.

Haaaaa!!! Can relate to you there!
That's one of the reason's why I dont drink anymore.....

SexyBoo

Mare said:
Haaaaa!!! Can relate to you there!
That's one of the reason's why I dont drink anymore.....
Isn't that the truth? Though I still drink - but I avoid too much wine, it gets me every time! :drink:

75renegade

Buttcrackdivine said:
I mentioned above a true human hides none from of his flaws...that is a form of ones sould being an open door to the world....i can respect such courage but i care not for his strength if i don't know him because today baring your soul has become something other than i can handle.

What do ya mean by, a "true" human? I believe we ALL hide from / attempt to minimize the things, which we believe to be our "flaws". its common to our nature.

Furthermore, i think that anyone who denies that fact, is failin' to live, in light of universal "truth", though you may disagree.

Contrary to popular acceptence, I believe that, livin' with the reality of our fearfulness, is exactly what sets us apart from the concept of "Diety", and makes us "human".

Sorry Butty, I might be missin' yer point 'ere, are you an advocate of baring, or not baring, one or the other?

Ideally, i believe in living transparently before all men, is the healthiest way to live, though my belief alone is, obviously, not enough to substanciate my actions at all times.

That does not, however, in my mind, minimize the significance of strivin' to live, in the light of the truth, seekin' to be a more genuine person, in spite of my efforts to be, instead, contrary, thinkin' that, I may somehow, not 'ave to answer for what I believe are my own "shortcomings.

That's why, I believe, we need somethin' called, "grace"............somethin' which is supernatural, that goes far beyond our ability to reconcile ourselves............somethin' which allows us to fail, and still gives us a greater sense of acceptence, than we're willin' to offer ourselves.

What do you think? :confused:

Puma

I think that's a croc of sh..
It's ok, actually. I think the "Grace" you speak of is achievable by renouncing mind and body and just living. If you no longer think that the body belongs to you, you won't be daunted by it's appearance or who it is exposed to. If you no longer think the mind belongs to you or is you, you won't be guilty for it's thoughts.
The soul is something totally different though, I doubt anyone would find interest in what's inside your soul as opposed to everyone else's.

Thulsa Doom

Puma said:
I'd much rather be physically probed than mentally probed. The body is a limited platform which can't do things your mind thinks up. Anything your body does can't be half as bad as your mind thinks.

Just imagine someone of the opposite sex examining your thoughts at the same time you examined their body, that would be hell.

Amen to that. Whats so hard about talking off clothes? its a simple act. Whereas opening that pressurized 9 foot thick titanium portal with about 38 tumblers and 15 sensor and trip lasers that when trigged then slam down even more gates and release the guard dogs called Denial, Rage and Misdirection on whoever is unfortunate enough to try to open it is a Herculean task. Oh and did I mention that a lot of the time its at least partially if not completely invisible so EVEN if you WANT to open it up you have to fumble around in the dark (often with the aid of a psychiatrist) to try to even find it. In other words its not even close. And I don’t really believe anyone who has said oh definitely opening my soul is easy compared to taking off my shirt. No way. Psychosis is a powerful master. Our souls usually wont even release themselves to US. So saying “oh yeah I walk around exposing my soul to everyone. Im so honest!” is almost always a disingenuous statement. The mental walls we surround ourselves with over time do not simply fall down even to our command. They wrap around us like stoney ivy.

Oz

tonks said:
maybe everyone mind isn't as guarded as some *shrugs*

My mind is an open book :) I just ain't finished colouring in all the pictures yet :retard3:

Chapter 1: Put me back! It's bloody cold out here!!