Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Trilingual

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • More than 3 languages - a "Cunning-Linguist"

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Professur

English, french, and Glasweigan. Used to have most of the german and russian swear words down, but lost them over time. I've quickstudy CD's for german and spanish that I bought for those long lonely nights working the projects. Except that I spent most of the time either driving or sleeping. They're lying around unopenned somewheres.

a13antichrist

MrBishop said:
ASL - American Sign Language --not very useful, but fun to know
Latin - not a language per se, because it's hardly ever spoken anymore....mostly in churches. The language is used scientifically though...and is part of many MANY languages (grench, english, italian, protugese, greek etc etc.) - The Romans liked to invade, it seems. :)

Dude, a language is a language, whether it's spoken or not. Latin most certainly IS a language - if anything, it's ASL that's borderline.

Personally, I'm up to 4 totally fluent, one semi-fluent & working on 6 & 7.

Kevin76

Fluent in English.. being from the US that's pretty obvious. I know a little bit of Spanish and some Latin and I am currently studying to become fluent in both Spanish and Italian in my spare time. :D

EDIT: I'm also fluent in EBONICS :D

BeardofPants

I'm terrible with languages. I've tried to pick up: German, French, Russian, and japanese. However, I did study Middle Egyptian Hieroglyphics and passed with A+s.... Does that count? :alienhuh:

freako104

ash r said:
i speak english fluently and know roughly the equivalent of a high-school year or two of German.

i dont know if you meant it to be... but that's the funnies thing i've heard all day.

it was meant to be funny

Oz

BeardofPants said:
I'm terrible with languages. I've tried to pick up: German, French, Russian, and japanese. However, I did study Middle Egyptian Hieroglyphics and passed with A+s.... Does that count? :alienhuh:

Damn right it counts......anyone who can understand 10k yr old smilies has to have a gift for languages ;)

tommyj27

Not really Banned
a bit of english, i've studied spainish and latin, which isn't to say i remember very much. newspeak suits me doublebetter.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Let's see...I speak American English, Spanish (espan~ol de calle), some French (only if forced), some Korean, some German (enough to ask for a beer :D ), and, in my travels, I've also picked up a bit of the Queen's English. Gotta love the RAF. ;)

AlphaTroll

I speak Afrikaans & English fluently, German, Dutch, Xhosa, Sotho & Zulu conversationally (as in I speak better than I read & write). And if Latin were a spoken language I'd get by without geting myself killed.

MrBishop

Gato_Solo said:
Let's see...I speak American English, Spanish (espan~ol de calle), some French (only if forced), some Korean, some German (enough to ask for a beer :D ), and, in my travels, I've also picked up a bit of the Queen's English. Gotta love the RAF. ;)

Korean - I don't know if being able to scream "Didi Mao, didi Mao!!!" counts as knowing the language :) j/k

Raven

Annoying SOB
Im english so theres my primary (not the Queens English, proper Northern English reet? :p)

I do speak both French and Spanish but I am incredibly rusty as I have not had to/needed to in forever

I am picking up german though from that damn addictive game I play...

Bruache einen scheisse.....

Starya

English and norwegian. My german is very rusty, and there is hardly any left of my french (but then I only took french for one year".