Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Trilingual

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • More than 3 languages - a "Cunning-Linguist"

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrBishop

So...are you unilingual? Bilingual? Trilingual? - how many languages do you speak, which ones and how well?

MrBishop

I picked cunning linguist...but depends on your criteria for 'knowing a language' and what you might define as a language.

I'm french
My English is very strong (some would say stronger than my Frnech)
I can speak some spanish and understand about 70% of the time (Used to be at about 70/90, but I forgot a lot of it)
ASL - American Sign Language --not very useful, but fun to know
Latin - not a language per se, because it's hardly ever spoken anymore....mostly in churches. The language is used scientifically though...and is part of many MANY languages (grench, english, italian, protugese, greek etc etc.) - The Romans liked to invade, it seems. :)

I can swear in Italian and Greek
I can say a few select sentences in Japanese ( television courses-fun, but pulled off the air before I got far past dai ski des'u - I don't like it.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
ok, I can read portuguese.

I also know a bit of French. I have knowledge of the latin and greek roots, prefixes and suffixes, as they are fundamental to have a higher knowledge of the spanish language and ease the understanding of words derived from them to any language.

Ms Ann Thrope

I'm fluent in both English and Ukrainian. Used to know a little German but it's been too long and I've forgotten almost all of it. :crying3:

Due to my knowing Ukrainian I can understand some Russian and Polish. But the language I always wanted to learn is Portuguese. Love the way it sounds. :love:

Oz

bilingual....pfft!

I am from England! If you do not understand me I will repeat what I say slowly and loudly until you jolly well do!!

Bally foriegners.....didn't we build the Empire for any reason at all?? ;)

Kawaii

Konbanwa, minna!
I can read, speak and write Swedish, English and German. I have some basic understanding of Latin and i know some Japanese words and phrases. I plan to study Japanese later on... Yes, i know its very hard, but that's the way i like it! :)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Oz said:
bilingual....pfft!

I am from England! If you do not understand me I will repeat what I say slowly and loudly until you jolly well do!!

Hell yea!

freako104

Oz said:
bilingual....pfft!

:rofl: Your from England do you even speak the fucking language ;)

I speak a little Russian and a little French. I speak more Russian than French and I am proud to know the Russian I do

Rose

I can speak English most of the time.

And I'm decent at Sign Language. NOT ASL, though, as it's a completely different language - I'm better with English Sign Language or Pidgeon Sign which is sort of a mucked combination of the two.

Oz

Rose said:
I can speak English most of the time.

And I'm decent at Sign Language. NOT ASL, though, as it's a completely different language - I'm better with English Sign Language or Pidgeon Sign which is sort of a mucked combination of the two.

Forgot about Sign (does it class as a second lingo?). Been a while since I've had a long convo' with sign........prolly a bit rusty now.....but I had to use it a lot while teaching (and it's the best form of communication for gossiping about folk under their noses) :)

Your from England do you even speak the fucking language

Certianly not the haughty-taughty "Queens English" ...........it takes forever to say owt in that tongue twister accent ;)

tonksy

i speak english....but i can say the basics in spanish...hello, how are you, beer please, where's the bathroom, don't touch me.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
tonks said:
i speak english....but i can say the basics in spanish...hello, how are you, beer please, where's the bathroom, don't touch me

:rofl2: :rofl4:

freako104

touch me is the basic. everyone who speaks knows it. dont touch me is hard to say if English isnt your first. actually I dont know anyone who knows that phrase

BlurOfSerenity

i speak english fluently and know roughly the equivalent of a high-school year or two of German.

freako104 said:
touch me is the basic. everyone who speaks knows it. dont touch me is hard to say if English isnt your first. actually I dont know anyone who knows that phrase

i dont know if you meant it to be... but that's the funnies thing i've heard all day.