Another war we're losing....

unclehobart

LOL, ... Mark... Mark... Mark... that is the cold war map breakdown of worlds. First world was us... second world was the commies... third world was everyone else.

Couldn't find the real map? I found one in 3 seconds in the same article on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World

You are a downright liar and a coward who covers up his shortcomings with snide sidebars painting false shortcomings upon others. Now I know why others have put you on ignore. You are a sad little man. I pity you.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
LOL, ... Mark... Mark... Mark... that is the cold war map breakdown of worlds. First world was us... second world was the commies... third world was everyone else.

Couldn't find the real map? I found one in 3 seconds in the same article on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World

You are a downright liar and a coward who covers up his shortcomings with snide sidebars painting false shortcomings upon others. Now I know why others have put you on ignore. You are a sad little man. I pity you.

Psst...the word is outright, not downright. :D

unclehobart

Downright and outright both mean: Without reservation or qualification... but outright does seem to have more definitions that are useful in this regard... but I wouldn't use them... yet. He hasn't displayed a level of open disregard to quite that level yet.

Gato_Solo

Downright and outright both mean: Without reservation or qualification... but outright does seem to have more definitions that are useful in this regard... but I wouldn't use them... yet. He hasn't displayed a level of open disregard to quite that level yet.

Just trying to break the tension. ;) I've had him on ignore since about two days after he returned, only responding to his rants when somebody else quotes him. :shrug:

unclehobart

I guess I should be quoting him so you can join in. He's actually been saying some decent arguments. It's too bad he overplays his hand. He can't resist trying to chop everyone else off at the knees with pointless and irrelevant 3rd grade taunts.

At least its a thread that has run up with lots of posting. We haven't had a non Iraq thread go over 150 posts in a long time. All in all... if I have to argue with a dyed in the wool liberal, I would rather have Spike or BoP. Spike is challenging and rarely loses his cool. BoP is always fun... and Tank Girl was downright nutty fun.

Gato_Solo

I guess I should be quoting him so you can join in. He's actually been saying some decent arguments. It's too bad he overplays his hand. He can't resist trying to chop everyone else off at the knees with pointless and irrelevant 3rd grade taunts.

At least its a thread that has run up with lots of posting. We haven't had a non Iraq thread go over 150 posts in a long time. All in all... if I have to argue with a dyed in the wool liberal, I would rather have Spike or BoP. Spike is challenging and rarely loses his cool. BoP is always fun... and Tank Girl was downright nutty fun.

Spike may be challenging, but is prone to hyperbole. BoP is never ignored. She makes her points without the smarminess. :shrug:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
...with a Ford Motor Company service placard on the engine. It's a Ford for all intents and purposes, which makes it not a GM, which makes it heavenly cartage.

markjs

Banned
Still sidetracking, and avoiding the arguments I've put forth because as per usual In this thread I am right again :D

Again, in the only map I could find, that maps out the world into first, second, and third worlds, Mexico is in the third world.

The map you provided maps out the world according to the "Human Development Index". As far as I know the term "third world" was deemed politically incorrect long ago, thus the lack of recent maps defining the third world. Perhaps Mexico is advancing in technology and industry at a rate much higher than other nations formerly known as third world, I wouldn't know, nor care.

The original reference to third word, was sardonic humor. Yeah it was cold wasn't it :D

If My sig says don't take yourself so damn seriously, why does everyone else take me so seriously?

Professur

Ford motor company of Japan, maybe. You can put lipstick on a pig and teach it to dance, but folk are still gonna talk when you drive it home to meat the folks.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
The other day I saw a Mazda that looked real nice, much like an Audi or BMW hatchback.

unclehobart

I would have bought a Mazda a decade back, but none of my trusted mechanics were well versed upon the Wankel engine enough to be comfortable. They also told me that I wouldn't be able to come to them if I bought a Mercedes as they require special $50,000 shop diagnostic computers that are absolutely proprietary. They saw no need in getting one as they never did enough Merc business to warrant the expense.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Still sidetracking, and avoiding the arguments I've put forth because as per usual In this thread I am right again :D

May I assume I speak for the majority whan I say

WOULD YOU GIVE IT A FUCKIN REST ALREADY??!!

The man who must constantly self-justify indeed stands on shaky ground. Kee-rist, go get laid or something.