Yea, I got an apartment!

MitchSchaft

Finally. Been stayin at this friend's house for almost 2 months I think. I sign the papers tomorrow and will be moved in by this weekend.

Now I hope she'll let me keep the kid the way I'm wanting to :(.

chcr

Too cute for words
MitchSchaft said:
Finally. Been stayin at this friend's house for almost 2 months I think. I sign the papers tomorrow and will be moved in by this weekend.

Now I hope she'll let me keep the kid the way I'm wanting to :(.

Cool, congratulations. Good luck on the kid thing.

unclehobart

You keep the kid, Mitch? As in permanent custody? Moms usually get the kids. It makes me wonder... Is there an underlying story to tell... or sould I just let it go?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I'm assuming he's just talking visitation. You are almost guaranteed every other weekend plus a day during the week unless there are some other circumstances.

freako104

unclehobart said:
You keep the kid, Mitch? As in permanent custody? Moms usually get the kids. It makes me wonder... Is there an underlying story to tell... or sould I just let it go?

usually but not always Rob. In some cases it is joint custody. In others the father gets the child.

Best wishes with the kid Mitch. Otherwise congrats and rock on!

MitchSchaft

No, I don't keep leah :((thanks for reminding me, asshole, lol :D). In TN we don't have "custody" per say.

Leah is mine just as much as she is her mom's. I just need to get on her good side so she'll let me do the week on, or 2 weeks on, weeks off thing. The judge will let that go on as long as that's what Leah is used to when I file for divorce.

freako104

so in a state with custody it would be considered joint? hmm. I hope you can see her a lot Mitch. Have you made any agreements on where she will be on her b-day and holidays? again best wishes there

Mare

Congrats! There's nothing like your own place, hope all works out with your daughter too.....

ClaireBear

Banned
Excellent news Mitch... I'm still trying to get the funds together to fly the nest for the first time... I know you're situation's a little different... but it must stil be as exciting!! :kiss:

MrBishop

Good luck with the new place, Mitch...and with your daughter...keep her in your heart when she's not with you, so that when she is, it's almost like she never left. Good luck!!

MitchSchaft

I get my daughter from this friday until the weekend after :swing: , so that's all week. Plus I signed the papers to my new place yesterday and will be moved in by this weekend. This'll be my first place all on my own.

MitchSchaft

I like being here so far. I moved everything in on saturday and stayed up 'til 3am cleaning and unpacking. My daughter has been here today and likes it, too. I took a chance and got her a todler bed instead of a crib that she's used to. She went to sleep almost right away and hasn't rolled off the bed or anything :D. Broadband gets hooked up tomorrow afternoon, so I've been without the net for a couple days. I forgot I had my work's laptop with wireless internet :lol2: