Work hard for your money.....

Mare

Know we all do-I know I do.
Whats your job? Do you think you should get paid more than what you are?

I think I do, but just feels good to b in the work force again. Now coming home and being a Mom is a second job all in itself....
Shewwwww - Thank God for bedtime.....

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Postal Boy says I'm overpaid. :shrug:

Of course, I'm helping pay for those shiftless bums and a drains on society :p Somebody has too

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Right now I'm getting paid to study. when I get the master degree, i'll have to pay back what they gave me, and if i don't get it i'll still have to pay.

About the ammount, I think it is fair for just me.

BlurOfSerenity

i develop photos for $8 an hour.
sometimes the machine even breaks down and i get paid to sit around doing nothing.

i've been terribly spoilt on my first job.

chatty kathy

Mare said:
Know we all do-I know I do.
Whats your job? Do you think you should get paid more than what you are?

I think I do, but just feels good to b in the work force again. Now coming home and being a Mom is a second job all in itself....
Shewwwww - Thank God for bedtime.....
School bus driver and data entry......pay is ok.....the best of your job Mare is when your children are older they will look up to you and respect you for all those tiring days you put in now!! Love you sis :worship:

Mare

chatty kathy said:
School bus driver and data entry......pay is ok.....the best of your job Mare is when your children are older they will look up to you and respect you for all those tiring days you put in now!! Love you sis :worship:
:hug: Ditto Kat...... ( I sure hope they see it that way- :sadhug: -usually takes till they are grown -up and have children of their own when they look back and see all their parents have done for them.)
I have a LONG time to wait for that compliment then.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Overpaid, underworked, and bored out of my skull most days.

I babysit computers.

Rose

I'm probably overpaid a bit for what I do, when you count commission and such. But I'm underpaid for what they want me to do. Bastards. I've played the 'give them 110% and you'll get rewarded' bullshit game. Now I work for what I'm paid.

MrBishop

Gonz said:
Postal Boy says I'm overpaid. :shrug:

Of course, I'm helping pay for those shiftless bums and a drains on society :p Somebody has too

You making 60k+ ? Yeah...sorry, you're overpaid. Don't mean to say that I want to take your money away from you. You do good work, and I'm sure that you're a safe driver, but I'm comparing your salary vs. that of teachers and nurses.

If their salary went up to above yours, then your salary would be just fine by me. Your union would just scream though and your salary would go up to.
I'm more upset about the inequality of pay than your salary, Gonz. If they paid you 100k+ per year, I'd be happy as a clam for you...hell, I'd go out and get my license, increase my caffeine intake and we could chat on the CB all friggin day if you'd like. :)

Rose

I don't see anything wrong with Gonz's salary (or, ideally, the salary of the truck drivers who keep America stocked and running).

I have a problem with Executives and Management salaries. "They" (executives) rarely do the grunt work and get paid many many times more than those hard working employees that get the job done.

MrBishop

I do a few jobs...some of which I'm underpaid for, some of which I've overpaid for and one of which...I'm being anally-raped for :p

Parish Administrator - I work like a dog, work overtime, work holidays and get SFA for $$$ :p
Diocesan "Man Friday" - I fill in wherever I'm needed...pretty good pay.Perhaps too much sometimes.
Graphic Designer - bring on the KY...I'm short on customers, so I'm a loss-leader (undercutting my competitors for references). I work for beans to make a name for myself...often taking 1/3 - 1/5 of standard rates for my skill-set. T'aint everyone out there that can program in PHP/Actionscript and some Java AND do decent design work in Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, Pagemaker, InDesign, Dreamweaver etc...plus hand-illustrate, photograph copywrite and edit...I do too much!