Why is Bill O'Reilly

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Allowed to talk at a benefit for a rape survivors orginization.

(ithappendtoalexa.org)

the man has said

O'REILLY: So anyway, these two girls come in from the suburbs and they get bombed, and their car is towed because they're moronic girls and, you know, they don't have a car. So they're standing there in the middle of the night with no car. And then they separate because they're drunk. They separate, which you never do. All right.

Now Moore, Jennifer Moore, 18, on her way to college. She was 5-foot-2, 105 pounds, wearing a miniskirt and a halter top with a bare midriff. Now, again, there you go. So every predator in the world is gonna pick that up at two in the morning. She's walking by herself on the West Side Highway, and she gets picked up by a thug. All right. Now she's out of her mind, drunk.

The man is saying it was her own fault she was raped.

He is an animal.

catocom

his response was that he's helped some victims if fl somewhere or something.

There's ALLlllll kinds of scenarios that happen, and I ain't choosing sides
in any cases if I can help it.
There is no winning.

chcr

Too cute for words

(ithappendtoalexa.org)

the man has said

He is an animal.

Besides, all girls are morons. Everybody knows that. :retard:

Why is Bill O'Reilly allowed to talk at all? The first amendment needs a clause in it that puts a gag order only on just him specifically! It would be a better world!

Professur

So I guess mentioning Larry Hagman's decades of drinking warrants a gag order too.

Yes, rape is a crime. Has been for centuries. In the last few hundred, it's become a heinous crime. Mostly because of the facination with 'female purity'. I'm not sure what the big difference is between reluctant first date sex and rape, but I'm sure there's some expert out there who does .. or at least claims to know. Likewise, I'm not sure why it's ok to laugh at some dweeb getting a weggie, but outrageous to even suggest that a female might want to keep her thong in her pants.

Oh Yeah .... they were victims ...... just like Larry was a victim.

....I'm not sure what the big difference is between reluctant first date sex and rape....

Wow am I glad I'm not you! Personally if a girl was reluctant I wouldn't be interested at all. Just would not be a turn on, she has to want to or it's a deal breaker for me. I don't see how you can even make such a statement, or even think that way at all even remotely.

Professur

I never said I would want reluctant sex, but you're incredibly naive if you think it doesn't happen ... and it's not always the female that's the reluctant one.

H2O boy

Why is Bill O'Reilly allowed to talk at all? The first amendment needs a clause in it that puts a gag order only on just him specifically! It would be a better world!

how...silly. how hypocritical. silence anyone rj doesnt agree with but anyone with some whacked out view of things should be added to mount rushmore

i am so glad you will never be in charge of anything more significant than a remote control

Well I'm not sure I was really considering you or what might be your personal life prof, it's just I don't see the parallel at all. Reluctant is no where near, "absolutely doesn't want to but is forced". I pay for my vehicle tabs reluctantly, yet I make a conscious decision to do so, considering it's needed revenue for the Washington DOT, and because there are nasty tickets if I don't. Still the state doesn't extract it from my pay and force me.

Dave

(ithappendtoalexa.org)

the man has said

He is an animal.

So she bears absolutly no responsibility for putting herself in a situation where that can happen?

Not in any way inferring she deserved it, but she did put herself in a tenuous position.

spike

So she bears absolutly no responsibility for putting herself in a situation where that can happen?

Not in any way inferring she deserved it, but she did put herself in a tenuous position.

No she does no part of the responsibility.

I think the bigger question here was summed up nicely by the title of this thread. Just forget the context entirely....

Why is Bill O'Reilly?

Can someone for the love of god please tell me:

WHY IS BILL O'REILLY?!?

:mad:

Professur

Well I'm not sure I was really considering you or what might be your personal life prof, it's just I don't see the parallel at all. Reluctant is no where near, "absolutely doesn't want to but is forced". I pay for my vehicle tabs reluctantly, yet I make a conscious decision to do so, considering it's needed revenue for the Washington DOT, and because there are nasty tickets if I don't. Still the state doesn't extract it from my pay and force me.

Strange example you choose, since I've often used the term 'rape' to describe the feeling I get having to pay what I do in license and registration fees ... particularly given that 'freedom of travel' is one of the cornerstones of the bill of rights (right up there with personal security (the right not to be raped)).

But more seriously, and do at least think through the example, how is a rape any more terrible than a violent mugging, with sex? Sex in and of itself isn't a violent act. People get mugged all the time, and while for some it's a terrible trauma, most simply shrug it off and get on with their lives. Indeed, many rapes never get reported because the females treat it exactly as that:non-consensual sex. But the moment the word Rape is used .... the act is treated as one of supreme personal invasion, an act worthy of the death penalty in many people's eyes. And while I'm sure that's the way it should be in a puritanical world, the world's not that puritanical anymore. In a culture where a woman's value is based on her ability to keep her knees shut for anyone 'cept her husband, rape would be the ultimate in loss of personal esteem. But that hardly describes the western world today, wouldn't you agree? Indeed, the trauma (as I see it) seems to centre less on the act of penetration, and more about the lack of choice.

edit: I just noticed one other thing .. the name used .... rape survivors. Isn't survivor a term usually associated with living through an event with a high fatality rate? Last time I looked, neither sex nor rape is all that likely to kill either party.

spike

So you're saying if someone beat you up and ass raped you that you would be no more traumatized than if yoou were just beat up?

And also if your wife or daughter were raped (possibly getting pregnant) you would say "hey, shrug it off. Think of it as about equal to getting punched in the face". You would then encourage them to pursue no more than a simple assault charge.

Dave

No she does no part of the responsibility.

Why is that?
Again, not saying she deserves it or was asking for it but she did place herself into a situation where that could occur.
The world is a harsh place. One must keep an eye out for ones own protection at all times. Nobody else is going to do it for you. You're walking down the highway in the middle of the night drunk off your ass, chances are good something bad is going to happen.
What if she had gotten hit by a car and seriously injured? No personal responsibility for that either?

spike

Why is that?
Again, not saying she deserves it or was asking for it but she did place herself into a situation where that could occur.
The world is a harsh place. One must keep an eye out for ones own protection at all times. Nobody else is going to do it for you. You're walking down the highway in the middle of the night drunk off your ass, chances are good something bad is going to happen.
What if she had gotten hit by a car and seriously injured? No personal responsibility for that either?

I'm thinking that since she was doing nothing wrong and he violently assaulted her that it's his fault. If she had stepped in front of a car on the highway she would have been walking somewhere that wasn't allowed and certainly have shared responsibility.

Cerise

:swing:

A better question is why was pro-choice Barky O' asked to speak at the flagship Catholic university Notre Dame?

valkyrie

Strange example you choose, since I've often used the term 'rape' to describe the feeling I get having to pay what I do in license and registration fees ... particularly given that 'freedom of travel' is one of the cornerstones of the bill of rights (right up there with personal security (the right not to be raped)).

But more seriously, and do at least think through the example, how is a rape any more terrible than a violent mugging, with sex? Sex in and of itself isn't a violent act. People get mugged all the time, and while for some it's a terrible trauma, most simply shrug it off and get on with their lives. Indeed, many rapes never get reported because the females treat it exactly as that:non-consensual sex. But the moment the word Rape is used .... the act is treated as one of supreme personal invasion, an act worthy of the death penalty in many people's eyes. And while I'm sure that's the way it should be in a puritanical world, the world's not that puritanical anymore. In a culture where a woman's value is based on her ability to keep her knees shut for anyone 'cept her husband, rape would be the ultimate in loss of personal esteem. But that hardly describes the western world today, wouldn't you agree? Indeed, the trauma (as I see it) seems to centre less on the act of penetration, and more about the lack of choice.

edit: I just noticed one other thing .. the name used .... rape survivors. Isn't survivor a term usually associated with living through an event with a high fatality rate? Last time I looked, neither sex nor rape is all that likely to kill either party.
Many rapes end in the death of the victim. It is a highly violent act that is not just the loss of consent for the victim.

Since your mother has already had sex with someone, it should be OK for any man (or men) to rape her and she should just shrug it off. It's no big deal, right? Better yet... how about you get gang raped by a band of thugs. I'm pretty sure you have it comin'.

valkyrie

I think what some of these people here are saying is that a woman's pussy is for sticking cocks into, so it's her fault if she gets raped. If she weren't meant for being raped she wouldn't have a hole between her legs. If she gets beat up or killed, again... her fault for having that hole.