Who believes in sun signs?

MitchSchaft

For instance, I'm virgo and the ex is libra. Libra is supposed to be the worst match-up for virgo. What's up with that? :lol2:

Uki Chick

MitchSchaft said:
For instance, I'm virgo and the ex is libra. Libra is supposed to be the worst match-up for virgo. What's up with that? :lol2:

I don't believe it much myself. Aries and Libra are not suppose to be a good match, and we're still together ten years later.

IDLEchild

Who believes in sun signs?

People who can't a get closure on their own and need mindless comfort from horribly vague words.

BeardofPants

MitchSchaft said:
Guess that knocks me outta the equation then. I'm a libra. :D

While I don't want to completely knock off the notion that we mammals can be affected by the movements of stars, planetary bodies etc, I'm not stupid enough to believe that it conveniently categorises all of humanity into 12 convenient groups.

A.B.Normal

*sings

[lisp]You are my sun sign my only sun sign ,
you make me happy when skies are grey.......
...Please don't take my sun sign away[/lisp]

Kawaii

I refuse to let randomly positioned balls of hydrogen and helium control my life. So no, i don't.

Oz

I'm a Gemini

And so am I

And I seem to get along with meself ok (most of the time anyway).

I kinda believe it.......I've read enough shite to recognise certain Gemini personality traits in meself.

But.......How many Gemini's are there in the world? 10million? 50 million? Be fekkin' borin' if we were all looking for Capricorn lovers as the "perfect match" (or wotever our match is, I dunno).

chcr

Too cute for words
Constellations (including the zodiac) are an optical illusion. The stars that make them up are completely unrelated and usually at widely varying distances. If you could move even a light year or two away from the sun they would all disappear. How could they possibly have any effect whatsoever on you or your life?

BeardofPants

In the same way the moon effects the tides? :shrug: All that liquids gotta count for something... and it can be easily categorised into 12 er... categories. ;)

freako104

Ive always liked the advice given in the horoscopes and I think the constellations are cool but in all truth its all bullshit

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
freako104 said:
Ive always liked the advice given in the horoscopes and I think the constellations are cool but in all truth its all bullshit

That's right, horoscopes are no more than advises, they avoid by all means telling you the future.

brownjenkins

i think it's a bunch of rubbish... but i was bored and found this compatibility site

i'm pisces, she's gemini

it's got some pretty dead-on descriptions, which is a bit eerie... but a few other points are off... when we settled down i was 29 and she was 23... but we had both been in previous long-term relationships... which was a good thing

neither of us are that possessive though, and i think they gave the flirty thing to the wrong person ;)

Pisces and Gemini

Pisces, the Fishes, and Gemini, the Twins, are both mutable signs with dual symbols, so keep in mind this relationship involves at least two fish and a pair of twins! Many astrologers are not fond of the potential for compatibility between these two signs, but the bond of a common quality can be enough to keep you interested for life. Both signs love communicating in creative ways, so expect plenty of double entendres and meaningful silences. You could happily spend evenings doing crossword puzzles in ink, or attending the latest community performance... variety is the spice life for both of you, after all.

Gemini is ruled by fickle Mercury, and if there is one thing a Gemini fears, it is boredom. Pisces is usually anything but boring and you may even have your Gemini partner longing for a bit of emotional predictability. Gemini prefers to live in a world of ideas, while Pisces inhabits a world of emotions, making it necessary for the two of you to respect each other's boundaries. You can understand and appreciate Gemini's frequent new ideas on a deeply intuitive level.

This combination works best when both of you have matured, otherwise you are likely to call it quits before you have truly started. Gemini is rarely ready to commit early in life, while Pisces generally settles down early and often. These two often marry and divorce more than once. This combination can work best after at least one of you has had a 'starter' marriage, or two.

Pisces, a Water Sign and Gemini, an Air Sign, tend to come together in a refreshing, healing mist. The sex can be sublime, as the Twins' light touch can give life to the rich fantasies of the Fish. However, if Gemini doesn't give the sensitive Fish enough time and energy, he or she may move on in search of someone more attentive. If Pisces demands too much emotional energy, the Twins are likely to give up in exasperation. If Gemini can remember that you need regular assurances of love and you can accept Gemini's need to flirt with everyone everywhere, you can enjoy much in common.

You'll naturally have a lot of trouble accepting Gemini's fickleness and thoughtlessness and often Gemini is unable to put up with that Piscean trademark emotionalism and dreaminess. Insecure Pisces can often be possessive and clinging, while Gemini wants to have fun and move on. Both usually seek more dominant partners. This may not be the easiest combination of the Zodiac, but other planetary factors can make this one of the most imaginative and creative couples in the Cosmos. At the very least, the relationship will be unforgettable.

Oz

brownjenkins said:
i think it's a bunch of rubbish... but i was bored and found this compatibility site

Well, according to that site the only person(s) I'm compatible with is another Gemini....... and I don't know any in real life :mope:

*realises he is sitting in the house alone*

Y'know, there might be summit in this astrology malarky afterall :D ;)

EDIT: my bad. Apparently I'm compatible with Libra, Aquarious, Aries, Leo and Sagittarious as well........so that'll be half the population of the planet then :D