what the hell did i do?

nalani

I get to school this morning and I'm a little sniffly .. not a big deal, the nights have cooled down some .. so i go to wipe my nose and AAARRGGHHHH .. the PAIN!!!

From the bridge of my nose down til almost the tip, it's seriously sensitive to the touch .. it's as if someone punched my nose! But I don't recall any kind of trauma to my nose, at all ... I half wonder if I was punched in a dream or something because this is unreal ...

What's worse than that is that I was grumbling about it as I was teaching a class and one of my students said 'oh yeah, that looks pretty bad .. it's pretty swollen' ... umm.. there's no visual change in the 'structure' of my nose .. it just hurts :mad: :hmm: .. little punk .. :D

nalani

my bf offered the same suggestion .. it's weird because the skin itself doesn't hurt .. when i pinch my nose, each side together at the same time, it's ok .. but if i put my finger on the side and press - either side - i am in massive pain ... when i lay down, it's like massive pressure just settles there in my nose :(

Mare

Are you sure its not a sinus pressure thingy? Try a apin med to get the swelling down-advil with sinus pain/pressure, maybe it'll work.

Hope you feel better soon!

unclehobart

Hmm... no pain in the skin... cancells out most 'infections' and traumas; pain when tweaked off of the centerline... that sounds more attuned to the bone. Since there is no noticable swelling or bruising, its really hard to pin down.

Uki Chick

That's very weird. I'd try Mare's suggestion. Maybe it is something having to do with built up pressure from the sinus'

nalani

MrBishop said:
dislodged cartiledge - hurts like a sonovabitch, but no swelling.

dislodged??? but .. how would i have done that?
aside from the already suggested kinky nasal sex of course :D

omg .. what if that *pinches yer nose and sticks yer thumb between middle and indext fingers 'GOT YER NOSE'* thing really works????

MrBishop

nalani said:
dislodged??? but .. how would i have done that?
aside from the already suggested kinky nasal sex of course :D
Done it...don't know, but it's cartiledge attached to bone. Maybe rolling over in bed :shrug:

It gets better though...at least you don't need a cast :)

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
My grandmother had that same thing happen to her. They had to amputate her nose.

Hate it for ya.

[/SnP spreading false rumors in hopes of inciting undue panic]

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
SouthernN'Proud said:
My grandmother had that same thing happen to her. They had to amputate her nose.

Hate it for ya.
Good news is that they've come along way since Micheals nosejob.

nalani

SouthernN'Proud said:

Hate it for ya.

[/SnP spreading false rumors in hopes of inciting undue panic]

*screams and runs, fleeing to the hills as she holds on to her nose in pain*

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Go to the doctor. Apparently if you try to put your nose back by yourself you can cause it to go up into your brain and kill yourself...I know this is true for broken noses...so just to be on the safe side...

Professur

Nixy said:
Go to the doctor. Apparently if you try to put your nose back by yourself you can cause it to go up into your brain and kill yourself...I know this is true for broken noses...so just to be on the safe side...

The well known Glasgow Kiss.

nalani

guess what? Took some sinus meds ... sniffling is still there but the pressure is lessening as is the pain in the bridge of my nose .. that was the worst case of sinusitis I've ever had, if that's truly what it was ... yikes