Went to the Dentist yesterday.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Had two teeth pulled. One wisdom tooth, and the tooth right beside it. It had impacted and caused it to decay under the tooth. Have I said lately how much I hate dentists?

Actually, I think I've finally found a dentist I can stand. The first two shots were pretty painless, the third stung just a little, but the extractions went really good. He didn't waste any time either, just reached in, clamped on and pulled out. I wish all dentists were like him.

PT

Tell that to my wife who had to drag me in and stay there with me while they did it. :blush:

greenfreak

As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to pulling teeth, knock me the fuck out. I don't wanna know nothing, hear nothing. I just want to go to sleep and wake up to them gone.

Ugh, needles in the mouth scare the shit out of me. I'd rather one in my arm than my mouth. Did they give you any painkillers? Are you in a lot of pain?

PT

I've got some Hydrocodone, pretty good shit, but they only gave me 10 pills, only got 5 left. :(

Actually doesn't hurt too bad, but I'm pretty stoned right now too. I'm at work too. Figured I might as well go in, I get paid and nobody expects me to do much cause I just got two teeth pulled. :D Damn dentist said I couldn't smoke either, but I still have been.

greenfreak

Dry socket, that's a wonderful thing. My mother had it from smoking after getting a tooth pulled. After she soaked two hand towels with blood, she finally had to go to the ER to get it cleaned and stitched again. Not fun. :grinno:

nalani

Im telling you ... the Dentist is just another name for the Evil Spawn of Satan ... bastards ... :D

Q

Last time I got a tooth pulled the regular dentist MADE me go to an oral surgeon to get knocked out....cuz I hit him. :D Hey, the guy was a moron. He kept trying to shoot novocaine right into the nerve of an infected tooth. After about the 4th try my arm just got a mind of it's own and belted the guy. :shrug: At least he wasn't stupid enough to try and bill me. :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I got 5 teeth taken out. They're still hurting. I can't open my jaw very much for very long unless I want to start screaming.

SIOUX

I don't mind the dentist, had all my wisdom teeth out year, and I only got knocked out for one, cos my jawbone was in teh way and they had to chop it out....*me is brave ikkle soldier...had my hubby waiting outside to carry me to the car tho...lol:D

ris

i had 10 pulled when i was 14, never forgot it. i found the courage to get a nice new dentist in bath near where i work, i need a couple of fillings and some general hygiene care. i had the first filling last week and it scared the shit out of me but she is really nice and doesn't stress me out.
with any luck i will be able to stay with her for a while and get my gob sorted. i'm so scared of them its unreal but if i don't face it out then i'll be in serious shit later.

nalani

Q said:
Last time I got a tooth pulled the regular dentist MADE me go to an oral surgeon to get knocked out....cuz I hit him. :D Hey, the guy was a moron. He kept trying to shoot novocaine right into the nerve of an infected tooth. After about the 4th try my arm just got a mind of it's own and belted the guy. :shrug: At least he wasn't stupid enough to try and bill me. :D

*tears of friendship, love, and adoration*

Q - you are soooo my hero ...

:headbang:

fi

Last time I was home I went in for a check up and it was the first time EVER I didn't nbeed to have a filling done!

Irish people have really soft teeth :D