Video killed the radio star??? No, Radio star became video star and killed radio.

IDLEchild

Anybody else feels the same excruciating amount of dislike for todays radio stations or should i say "Advertising stations"? Blame my bad luck but everytime i turn on the idiot box it seems i am bombarded with the most whiny and annoying commercials produced by the Satin himself.

From the mundane banter of the Djs to the annoying voices of the myrid fans who call in to request even more putrid pop songs. Radio has lost all my interest.....i gave it up in hopes it could have changed it's act but i returned only to find non-existence of music and over abundance of min numbing, ear piercing waves of sound traveling at a faster rate then a Music CEOs bank account on the way up.

tonksy

Buttcrackdivine said:
Anybody else feels the same excruciating amount of dislike for todays radio stations or should i say "Advertising stations"? Blame my bad luck but everytime i turn on the idiot box it seems i am bombarded with the most whiny and annoying commercials produced by the Satin himself.

From the mundane banter of the Djs to the annoying voices of the myrid fans who call in to request even more putrid pop songs. Radio has lost all my interest.....i gave it up in hopes it could have changed it's act but i returned only to find non-existence of music and over abundance of min numbing, ear piercing waves of sound traveling at a faster rate then a Music CEOs bank account on the way up.
i love the radio, but i listen to stations that play classic rock and pop from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. well, i guess they do have some new stuff, too...anyway, i like the complete randomness in radio. but thats me. my stations really don't have much commercials or bantering...or maybe i just tune it out...i just think that you open yourself up to a wide variety of music when you listen to the radio, but if it's not your thing, dude, thats groovy, too.

IDLEchild

tonks said:
i love the radio, but i listen to stations that play classic rock and pop from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. well, i guess they do have some new stuff, too...anyway, i like the complete randomness in radio. but thats me. my stations really don't have much commercials or bantering...or maybe i just tune it out...i just think that you open yourself up to a wide variety of music when you listen to the radio, but if it's not your thing, dude, thats groovy, too.

My taste in music reaches far and wide but when i say i get only commercials when i turn on the horrendous technology i really do mean i only recieve mind shattering commercials. If a song is to come then some horribly done pop song played to it's utter death and beyond is harping on and about the radio. I should aim for satellite radio.....or have a damn CD player installed already..any which way i have discovered silence to be gold among the wearyness of the hayday of pop music that comforts the masses.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Buttcrackdivine said:

That's why they made AM radio. You get to yell back. :D

Ms Ann Thrope

pretty much agree that most commercial radio is crap

I find that college stations play a wider variety, so I tune in to them when I can, otherwise I just listen to NPR.

SexyBoo

tommyj27 said:
find a non Clear Channel radio station, they don't suck as much.
Isn't that the truth? It seems like all I hear on clear channel stations is mindless banter and non stop commercials; even when they are supposed to have a "commercial free" hour I hear commercials. What is up with that???? :confuse3: I spend most of my day listening to CD's , local talk radio, NPR, or the best - my employees' hilarious jokes and nagging each other....

Mirlyn

tommyj27 said:
If I listen to the radio, usually it's NPR/MPR since the only independent music station in the area is hard to get where i live.
Same here. The only decent station is a low-powered alternative/indie/new rock. Very excellent, but hard to receive.

Our NPR is a college radio station. Been listening to a lot more BBC lately though...wish our local FM (or AM) stations would carry it.

Rose

I agree with you BCD. Like others here, I've resorted to listening mostly to NPR/MPR (i just LOVE Garrison Keillor!!!) or playing cd's. At home or work I usually listen to Spinner because it's commercial free (there might be one or two internal promo's every few hours I've noticed).

CydCharisse

the radio sucks majorly here. I don't know how even the DJs can stand hearing the same song played several times in a matter of a few hours

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
About the only radio I listen to is the Bob and Tom show every morning on the way to work. Not too bad on commercials, but there are still plenty. The way home is CD's.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
SexyBoo said:
Isn't that the truth? It seems like all I hear on clear channel stations is mindless banter and non stop commercials; even when they are supposed to have a "commercial free" hour I hear commercials. What is up with that???? :confuse3: I spend most of my day listening to CD's , local talk radio, NPR, or the best - my employees' hilarious jokes and nagging each other....

Yep the local station 96.7 does 20 minute Non-Stop, I guess as long as there isn't a pause between the songs and the commercials it still counts. :retard:

rrfield

Ahh the joys of living in a college town. NPR, 2 college stations, an independent station and a classical station.

rrfield

Oz

My radio is covered in mueseli...........I keep yelling at the damn thing when it plays crap when I'm eating my breakfast.

AlphaTroll

My radio at the office has been plugged out - the damned dj's all keep playing the same shit over & over & over again - makes me want to do my nut. Hi-fi at home is used for cd's only.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
radio usually sucks, but there's a morning show around here....i couldn't wake up without it :D
not a lot of music, but a lot of crap being talked over...very amusing :D