This Is Newsworthy ??????

Kruz

:shrug:
Bullet found in doorway
Guardian-series, UK

LIVE ammunition has been found lying in the doorway of a busy high street shop.

The .22 calibre short round bullet was found at the entrance of the 99p Stores in Walthamstow High Street on Wednesday morning, November 1.

Haroon Khan, who has a firearms licence and is a member of a local gun club, was alarmed to discover live ammunition in a Walthamstow doorway.

The bullet, of Swiss origin, was still in its brass casing, complete with enough gunpowder for it to fire itself.

Mr Khan said that if it had been struck hard enough or exposed to heat it could have gone off.

"This sort of thing should not be lying around. It was live, primed and active," he said. "But rather me pick it up than a little kid.

"How can you feel safe when you are finding things like this on the street?

"To get hold of one of these is not easy. You have to go through a scrutinised search, you need a licence and you have to belong to a club."

Ammunition of this kind would ordinarily be used in a small handgun or pistol, and both can be owned legally under licence.

But to leave strictly controlled goods out in the street would be enough for a firearms licence to be revoked.

The bullet has been examined at a Metropolitan Police laboratory and details about it kept for future reference.

A police spokesman said: "Recovering firearms and ammunition is a priority for the police. We take the same view of ammunition as we do of a gun.

"If it goes bang, it is still lethal."

Police are treating the unattended ammunition as a crime. Mr Khan alerted them at 10.16am, and they arrived at his shop to pick up the bullet at 11.32am.

highwayman

The bullet, of Swiss origin, was still in its brass casing, complete with enough gunpowder for it to fire itself.

:roll2:

:laugh: :laugh:

Another slanted story to support the anti-gunners of the UK...
Anybody that knows anything about ammunition knows it takes an outside source to discharge the cartridge...

This print aint worth the effort to wipe my ass with the paper...

chcr

Too cute for words
Like Gonz says. The overwhelming imminent danger was just a bit overstated though, wasn't it?

BB

what?

In the epping forest gazette?
:eek5:

This is bigger than Man landing on the moon!

Are you guys on a different planet or somet?

Nothing like this has EVER happened in Epping forest before, for Goid's sake ...

... is this the end?

Armegeddon come to Epping Forest???

DON'T PANIC!!!

BlurOfSerenity

oh no! a tiny little bullet! it could go off in your hand! hell, it could just GO OFF! because bullets aren't given direction by the gasses in the barrel of the gun forcing it out in one direction, no no!

that reminds me of when i was a little kid and in kindergarten they said, "if you see lighters or matches lying around, tell mom or dad right away!" and my parents both smoke, so lighters and matches were a common sight. but i must have driven my mom crazy... "MOMMY! there are MATCHES here! there could be a FIRE!!!"

oh, big post about this whole thing on livejournal http://community.livejournal.com/guns/1047438.html

BB

A .22? Shit. That's what, like, almost as big as a fucking BB?

:hmm:
a fucking BB?

[/ full on Barry White mode /]

hey girl ..that's Big ..and dangerous ...

oh, you mean the gun? :bgpimp:

bah ..hungover ... :rolleyes: ..mumble ..mumble...

yours, Fucked BB ;)

TexasRaceLady

Damn, they'd best not come to my house. I've got a box of 550 .22 long rifle rounds for my squirrel rifle in my cupboard.

And a partial box of .357 rounds for the pistol next to the bed.

And now you tell me they MIGHT GO OFF?

ROTFL

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Damn, they'd best not come to my house. I've got a box of 550 .22 long rifle rounds for my squirrel rifle in my cupboard.

And a partial box of .357 rounds for the pistol next to the bed.

And now you tell me they MIGHT GO OFF?

ROTFL

SAVE US FROM OURSELVES! TEH END IS NEER!

And TRL, I KNOW you keep them shootin irons handy in case you get invaded by a riotous mob of Biffle-ites. :D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I can only think of one thing that would make a .22 go off without an outside force...a fire. Perhaps he was trying to 'get the lead out' by applying a little heat...:devious: