The saying goes, "Opposites attract."

MitchSchaft

Me and the wife are opposites and we split up. I'm now staying at a buddy's house 'til I can get a place of my own. :drink:

IDLEchild

the saying Opposites attract is in the same league as Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never emotionally fuck me up.....it is retarded to think they hold any real meaning.

It has been proven time and time again that successful relationships are built on some, if not a lot, of common similarities and experiences.

...but that doesn't help you much so sorry...if that means anything coming from me.

freako104

BCD is right. Sorry to hear about the split up. Hope for the best. Hoping it wont end in divorce.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
That just sucks. Hope you can find more in common with each other than a distaste for lawyers.

Oz

Well if yer sitting on the internet and, judging by the smilie, drinkin'; it can't worry ya too much can it? Otherwise yer'd be doing all yer could to get back together, right? :rolleyes:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Shit man, I don't want to dig further but I can't help, what about your daughter?

Seriously, I experienced the same with my exgf, it feels like shit, I can't even imagine how you feel when you broke up with the wife :(

MitchSchaft

This didn't happen today or anything. That drinkin' smilie was supposed to represent me being fucked up over the situation. One of the hardest things I've been through since my brother died years ago.

Mare

Sorry to hear-hope things work for ya....How long have ya's been together?

As for opposites attract...not so sure about that,some things you have to have in common or there would be disaggreements all the time.

MrBishop

Seperation leading to divorce sucks. I was seperated from my now-ex for 14 months before the papers were finally signed and sent in. It's a good time to reflect though. See what was there and what wasn't there. Weigh things out and see if there is a chance, or if there was never a chance, ya know?

SOrry to hear about this Mitch...seriously! It's not an easy thing to go through. :(

Oz

MitchSchaft said:
This didn't happen today or anything. That drinkin' smilie was supposed to represent me being fucked up over the situation. One of the hardest things I've been through since my brother died years ago.

Then I apologize for my above post Mitch, misinterpreted the smilie. (had visions of a dude sinkin' to the bottom of a bottle in self-pity).

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
so how's it working getting along for caring for the little girl? is that going ok at least? :eh:

Inkara1

Mind if I ask what prompted this? And is this the first time you've split up?

Brandi and I split up once in October of 2002, then got back together... but split up again last September, and didn't get back together. Luckily, we'd only been married just over a year and there were no kids involved.

brownjenkins

never good to hear... whether someone you know well or not

hope things work out, and even if not, it can be a positive thing too... i lived with a girlfriend from age 18-23... far from opposites, we had waaaaay too much in common... breaking up was long, drawn-out and nasty at times... but in retrospect, i think i'm a better person for the single-time i spent for a bit after... going through hell and getting out again does a lot for a person

best wishes... things always do get better ;)